Tables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tables

Ok I have found a possible solution to entering a table on the forum. You can do them via Google Docs. https://docs.google.com
    You obviously need a Google Account to do this

Once you have made up the table (looks similar to Excel although I have no experiance of Excel and have no idea how you fill these tables out hense my lame table below) Save it. Then press the share drop down box and Publish to the web. Then Press the share button to get the share setting box which give you a link to the spreadsheet you have made which will look like this:-
    https: //spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhnYh42kuwQ0dHJXQTU0Rm9DdDdaT19jcExyUmZNV nc&hl=en
    You need to copy the code between the ='s in this case it will be 0AhnYh42kuwQ0dHJXQTU0Rm9DdDdaT19jcExyUmZNVnc&hl
    Then paste it in to your post on the forum using the Google Spread Sheet BB code button in the 'go advanced' posting page which looks like this
    Whilst this seems complicated once it is set up you only have to update the google spread sheet in google docs and it will update itself on whats posted on the forum.
    Can someone give it a try for me

depends on what the test was as to whether it has worked....

Comment

That looks like it could work Rippers... Nice find

I'm a decent Excel user so will have a play with this later today

Comment

Thanks Jon, its seems this is the only solution availible without HTML

Comment

Let's give this a go:

Do we need to set up a generic gmail account for this site so that multiple people can update things like this? If we do generic things on our own accounts then only us will be able to update them.

This definately looks workable - just probably need to stick to screens worth of data where possible to make reading easier

I'll have a play with the options to see if we can lose the title and the frozen pane

Comment

So I need to use my Google Gmail account to do Google documents because I can't use Microsoft Excel and have to use my Hotmail account to communicate with other Hotmail accounts because Hotmail is blocking Yahoo accounts which I've used to communicate with my Cars friends for years... Remember when IT was simple? Neither do I...

Looking good, Paul and Jon...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This is a really great idea, and useful to all collectors... Is there a table that shows the latest case numbers hitting in the UK stores. Just sometimes only 1-2 outlets will get them in like 3 weeks before they are more widely distributed?

Comment

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...nc&output=html

That brings up a link to my table... but I'm not seeing how to get it to appear as a table in here... sounds like a job for... Super MrBrownstone!
                Last edited by cac1959; 05-13-2011, 04:13 AM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                X