Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one is your favorite Cars Comic-Con Release ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is your favorite Cars Comic-Con Release ?

Hey Girls & Gentlecars,

I was wandering wich of the Cars Comic-Con releases is your favorite ?

greets

Peter McQ
    2008 - Lightning Storm Lightning McQueen
    26.67%
    2009 - Rescue Squad Mater
    13.33%
    2010 - Tokyo Mater
    26.67%
    2012 - Bathroom Mater
    33.33%

Gotta go with LSLMQ - looks so nice.... But this is only based on pictures as I've never seen any of them "in the flesh"

Comment

This was a hard one lol. I didn't know there were so many comic-con cars lol.

Does anybody have all of them and can post pics in the thread? Would save other people from having to google each individually lol.

I voted for Tokyo Mater. I just think he looks awesome all around. Although I really enjoyed Bathroom Mater's box...but that's about it. Don't get me wrong though...I'd love to get my hands on all four of them.

EDIT: I've never seen any in person either...are these bigger then the 1:55 scale?
      Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM.

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Ask and you shall receive... pictures of them, anyway...

2008 - Lightning Storm McQueen (with loose Deluxe LSM in front):

2009 - Rescue Squad Mater:

2010 - Tokyo Mater:

2012 - Bathroom Mater:

They are all 1:55 scale.

This is not easy for me... I think my favorite is the 2009 Rescue Squad Mater - I like the Metallic Finish Cars and Mia and Tia... I like how the ladder extends and the way "flames" appear on the box... I think the marketing/outside of the box design is best on the 2012 Mater... Both the Lightning Storm McQueen and Tokyo Mater are beautiful Cars, but the box they came in was boring - black text only on a white cardboard box.

I have 2 of each; I added a second Lightning Storm McQueen 2 years after the event at a cost of $40 (my first one was $15 plus shipping if I remember right)...

I can take new photos of the Lightning Storm McQueen, Rescue Squad Mater, and Tokyo Mater if need be.

Great poll, Peter!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Tokyo Mater will always be my favourite follow by Lightning Storm McQueen..

Comment

I voted for Bathroom Mater because he is the only one I have. I wasn't collecting when the first 2 came out, but I got the regular retail versions of each. I would have gotten Tokyo Mater but I didn't like the flame effect and instead of spending $20 plus shipping on a car (thought that was crazy being a new collector and all...) decided to wait for a retail release. A clean flameless diecast version never happened. Got the oil stained version the one time I saw it at retail and the plastic version in the doughnut playset. So when Bathroom Mater was announced, I figured I would get one if it made it to Matty.com Got Barry Diesel last year and did not regret it. My kids love Bathroom Mater and play with it all the time.

Have to say Bathroom Mater was worth the investment.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Those are lovely pictures bobbyjack !!!

greetz

PMcQ

Comment

Gotta go for Suds Mater too! Like bobbyjack, it's the only Comic Con release I have and it's awesome. I love the sounds it makes, the lenticular screen, and everything else about it.

Comment

LSM ...because it's a cars 1 model and it was the first of 3/4 Comic con releases we added to the collection.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

I somehow voted for BOTH Storm McQueen and Bathroom Mater. Oops?

Anyway I really like the metallic cars and the first one would be a great addition to my collection if I were to find one. But the Bathroom Mater is more interactive than any full diecast car has ever been before which I like a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X