X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... Decepticog72283

It's been a while since we've done these

First person up for "return of the spotlights" is Decepticog72283

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I was born in Quebec, Canada. Living in Ontario, Canada nowadays

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Our first 2 cars (Cars 2 LMQ and Mater) came on my sons birthday cake in March. My mom bought them and put them on there as decoration. A month or so later we bought Finn for $3 on clearance. August is when we seriously got started.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    I have been collector of random things my entire life. Started off mostly with sports cards. Coins, stamps. Transformers, etc. I've seen the first movie and loved it but never thought about collecting. My mom kinda got the bug in me with the first 2 she purchased. But it wasn't until I saw the clearance Walmart 3 packs that I really got motivated.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    We currently have 21 cars, all from the singles 1:55 scale. 20 from Cars 2 and the shiny LMQ from the Cars Encyclopedia.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    That is a tough choice. Raoul CaRoule as I love drifting cars or Carla Veloso with all those sleek curves and fancy design. But...I'm gonna have to go with Carla. Mostly because she looks absolutely fantastic as a Silver Racer from the K Mart days

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Another tough question. Mater is the funny guy...so I think I'll go with him.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Nothing super special, but I was quite happy with picking up Shu Todoroki, Carla Veloso and Nigel Gearsly in a $10 clearance 3pack at Walmart

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I currently own a 2012 Dodge Journey

10. What is your dream car?
    Lamborghini Aventador hands down.

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I unfortunately work at a call center working customer care for a cell phone company. Hard times have happened and I'm just happy to have job right now

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I have 3 major hobbies. Gaming (xbox 360), Reading and watching movies. Well...other then my playing with my kids of course

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    I'm not sure how to answer this one. I have stopped looking at my life in terms of achievements a while ago. All I can see now are my kids' achievements in life. I guess creating and keeping a happy family would be the #1 spot

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV show is Top Gear. The original UK version. My favourite movie is a trilogy...Lord of the Rings.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    I would pay off my debts, buy a house and invest the $500 000 or so that would be left over. Might keep a couple of grand to myself to spend on my hobbies and cars

Please post comments and questions below
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

some great information there decepticog72283,good to know a bit more about your life and interests.
    top gear i agree is a fab show and lamborghini aventador a truly stunning car
    thanks for posting your "spotlight"

Comment

q14, which one is your fav, clarkson, may or the hamster?

Comment

Djjd21, thanks

Boogity...that is a hard choice. Clarkson has the same taste in cars overall. Hamster because he is quite funny. Capt slow because he is practically the bunt of every joke. Ill hve to go with hamster because he usually brings in odd cars to the challenges.

Overall...the stig is the best

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Nice to learn more about you, DeceptiCog72283... Thank you for your posts on the board and hope that you continue to do so.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Nice to learn more about you, DeceptiCog72283... Thank you for your posts on the board and hope that you continue to do so.
            Thanks cac1959. I feel right at home here. For being a complete newbie to the world of collecting cars you guys have all made me feel quite welcome and have all been quite helpful

So the thanks goes out to all of you guys

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Welcome to the site Decepticog. We collect Transformers here at our house also.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I hope it's only the G1 Transformers you collect - I have a fair few myself

What games do you play on the 360 - maybe we could hook up online at some point

Comment

I hope it's only the G1 Transformers you collect - I have a fair few myself

What games do you play on the 360 - maybe we could hook up online at some point

Comment

SOunds good MrB. My 3 favourite series are Gears of War, Assassin's Creed and Forza. I've tried my hand at the plastic instrument genre...fun times, but I'm not so good lol. The only thing I don't really play are First person shooters and JRPG.

I unfortunately don't collect the G1 stuff . That is far outside of my budget for good condition things. The only thing I have is a Japanese G1 Starscream reissue. The majority of what I have is from (gasp) the 2007 movie line. My favourite ones though are the 3" Titanium series. I just like the way they look. I've been thinking about selling most of it anyways and only keeping the ones my gf and I like. Or I could just pack them away and when my son is older...he can play with them.

Bobbyjack....which ones? Random assortment?

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                      Bobbyjack....which ones? Random assortment?
                      We started getting the movie ones last summer but BobbyJack and I like the cartoon ones better. The new ones are amazing compared to the ones I used to play with back in the 80's. Here is our newest one...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Hot diggity! MP Thundercracker! I really wanted to get all the MP Seekers and I would have went with all varients as well. Sadly...in this region I have only seen MP Skywarp at Walmart on clearance for $50 and when I back to pick him up..he was gone . I guess in the long run...it is better for my wallet that I never got started lol

I also wanted to get the Bumblebee, cliffjumper, prime, soundwave and megatron that were based off of the transformer War for Cybertron game...but my interest in the transformers toys was slowly dwindling away. I'm thinking about putting up a trade thread for the majority of my movie line transfers to trade for cars items LOL

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Nice to learn more about you! I'm sure your Cars will start to multiply like rabbits any day now...

Comment

Working...
                          X