Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the same as winning the lottery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the same as winning the lottery?

It was a normal Sunday morning (September 16th)... I was getting ready to go to a picnic for celebrating 50 years of service for a realtor company we bought our house from 3 years ago. Everybody that has ever bought a house during those 50 years were invited (it was basically a family reunion, since I have 2 relatives who are realtors of that company and because of them, a ton of my relatives were there because they had bought houses from them too!), and they had lunch and games for the people there, and there were some small prizes given away as well. There was a grand prize for the people only that were there (if they weren't there they couldn't win) at 4 PM also.

The deal was, 20 of the around 250 people that were still there at 4 PM were given a blue box. Inside that blue box, 10 of those boxes had a yellow box. Inside that yellow box, 5 of THOSE boxes had a white box, and in those 5 boxes were a key. The key that opened this one door won the grand prize of $1250 for a Vacation Package of their choice.

I got one of those 20 blue boxes.

I got one of those 10 yellow boxes inside my blue box.

I got one of those 5 white boxes inside my yellow box that was in the blue box.

My key in the white box opened the door.

I won the GRAND PRIZE!!!!

It was such an amazing experience and I have never won anything like that before! We have a year to plan where we want to go and I think we have decided to go to Cars Land next summer!! Although the $1250 probably won't cover the whole trip it's a great little helper so we don't have to fork that much more money out of our pockets. I still can't believe I won lol and I will be in our town's local newspaper in a few days (hopefully soon!)

Congrats Fillmore! That's amazing!

Comment

Awesome! If I had won something like that, I would be trying to do a trip with the wife, without the kids! Hope you have a great time at Cars Land though!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Congratulations, Fillmore1234! Way to go!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Awesome dude!!!!!!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Congratulations...

I love it when you get something for nothing (as that very rarely happens)

Comment

That's a very awesome prize indeed. I would love to have an extra $1250 for my next vacation (no passport yet, so can't leave Canada).
              .Congradulations

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
              X