X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... PopeMobile

Next up in the spotlight is the religeous* man of the forum, Popemobile

*may not actually be true

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Chicago - born and raised here and still living here

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    3 months ago - back in June 2012

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    My wife was buying them earlier this year to help my twin boys potty train. It worked for awhile then lost its effect. But I found that I was drawn to these little toys and thought they were very nicely made. So I took over the buying and then you could say I went kinda crazy with the collecting.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    I've amassed about 350 cars that are loose that my boys play with. And I have about another 400 hundred that are sealed. All this in 3 months. Packages arrive daily at my house - many times 4 or more per day. It's gotten a little out of hand whereby my wife asked me to cool it a bit.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Popemobile - hence my name.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Apple Car because he's got only one little scene in the moview and that's it

8. What has been your best ever find?
    I focus on rare cars for my sealed collection. I bought a 'van with stickers' (that actually had the nice butte sticker on it) for $10. I also bought a rare 12 carded Filmore for $15.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    Toyota 4Runner (black)

10. What is your dream car?
    Yellow Pontiac Solstice

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Tech guy for an insurance company

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I play 4 instruments (guitar, bass guitar, bass clarinet, and piano). I'm a huge KISS fan as well.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    My twin boys

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Three's Company (I own the entire DVD set). Favorite movie is 'The Godfather'

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Pay my kids college tuition and pay off our house
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 12:33 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

nice reading a bit more from you popemobile.

it's always suprising/fun to read some details on people

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Nice to lean more about you, popemobile... you've gotten a lot of Cars in a very short period of time... Hopefully your wife still supports your Cars habit - mine used to... now she tolerates it... sometimes.

Another IT Cars person who plays multiple musical instruments... we have several of us... I never saw Kiss in concert but did see 30 or so concerts during my college days.

Are you in the city itself or one of the Chicago suburbs? Cubs or White Sox? My stepfather lived in Chicago and was a huge Cubs fan; a cousin married a White Sox first baseman so we became White Sox fans as well (I grew up as a Reds fan but soured on MLB after the last strike).

Anyway, thanks for participating in Spotlight On.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Wow. You have gotten more cars in 3 months than I have in almost 3 years! I saw KISS in concert when they put the make-up back on. Maybe about '96 or so. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Nice to lean more about you, popemobile... you've gotten a lot of Cars in a very short period of time... Hopefully your wife still supports your Cars habit - mine used to... now she tolerates it... sometimes.

Another IT Cars person who plays multiple musical instruments... we have several of us... I never saw Kiss in concert but did see 30 or so concerts during my college days.

Are you in the city itself or one of the Chicago suburbs? Cubs or White Sox? My stepfather lived in Chicago and was a huge Cubs fan; a cousin married a White Sox first baseman so we became White Sox fans as well (I grew up as a Reds fan but soured on MLB after the last strike).

Anyway, thanks for participating in Spotlight On.
          My wife was unhappy when the packages got up to 6-8 per day coming in. Usually I had been averaging 4 a day. So I had to cool it and let the flames simmer.

I just saw Kiss in East Troy Wisconsin back on 9/8 last month - great show but Motley Crue who played first was better.

I'm in a south suburb of Chicago. I'm a White Sox fan - I was at game 2 of the 2005 World Series where Podsednik hit the walk-off homer - it was unbelieveable!!

Comment

Go Expos Go!!!

what? they don't exist anymore? (it's been a long time since I've watched baseball lol)

I wish I could be receiving 1 package a day of cars lol...but alas...I only get one from the stores every other week or so lol

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

You're not the first collector told to "calm it" by their wife, and you won't be the last!!!

Tech Guys for an Insurance company - sounds familiar... Which Company? My company (Aviva) has offices in Chicago

You live in Chicago and your favourite movie is "The GOdfather"..... should I be nice to you???!!!

Comment

actually my grandfather and his brothers were very much actively involved in that lifestyle. Somehow my dad stayed out of it and now it's a distant memory as most are all dead and long buried at this point

Comment

Very cool to learn so much about you!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That's a crazy amount of cars coming in. I can get maybe 2 a month off Internet but more than that if they are in the store.

Comment

cool read!
                      May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Working...
                      X