Spotlight on ......... GOMATERGO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ......... GOMATERGO

Next up is cac1959's local trading partner, GOMATERGO (I wonder who his favourite character will be???!!!)

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I was born in Ohio but have lived in Indiana most of my life.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    The week after CARS 1 came out.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    If you would have seen my boy's eyes after he saw the movie (his first movie in the theater) you would totally understand.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    Taking a wild guess but would say around 1000 (two full tackle boxes, two backpack fulls, one 12x12x14 container, had three full display cases but those are about to be sent to to Europe)

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    I have to say Mario Andretti with Mater being a close 2nd

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Love the race cars (all types)

8. What has been your best ever find?
    The one and only Short Card ROR Mario Andretti with Yellow Rims (only one known to man)

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    with four kids I drive a Pontiac Montana minivan

10. What is your dream car?
    Red Corvette

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I am an 8th grade Pre-Algebra/Algebra teacher

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Watching and coaching my kids in sports

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Rebuilding my life after my divorce and quitting my factory job to complete my education to that I could become a teacher with a Master's Degree in Education...thanks a million times over to my second and current wife for being there and encouraging me throughout the journey.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Favorite TV show of all time is Alias (who wouldn't want to look at Jennifer Garner ;-) with my favorite movie of all time has to be National Lampoon's Vacation

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    I would first give my 10% to my church then pay off bills and reinvest in a Disney timeshare that we sold off several years ago

Any questions or comments, please post them below

And I was wrong..... I think a name change may be in order for GOMATERGO - but GORACECARSGO doesn't have the same ring to it

I've never heard of Alias so I may have to try and look it up. I agree that National Lampoon's Vacation is a good film - not seen that in over 15 years. My favourite National Lampoon film has to be Animal House!!!

Comment

nicely done!

Again...always suprising what you can find out in these things

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I could tell you all kinds of stories about GOMATERGO... Steve and I have been helping each other out with Cars for over 4 years... prior to the start of PCD, I was searching on the Internet for Cars and found another site... I signed up... within 5 minutes I had received a PM from GOMATERGO; he told me he lived in the same county I did... I replied... and the next day he'd helped me out with a 2 pack and a single that I needed... I didn't have to pay eBay price... I was thrilled to know there were people who helped each other out as opposed to making a huge profit.

We've gone on Cars hunts together... we've gone to Indianapolis and delivered Mack Transporters to Nathan's Playroom (formerly Cars Cares)... if either of us is out shopping, we contact the other to see if they need something new... Steve has told me from the beginning that helping others results in good Cars-ma for you, and I've tried to follow that philosophy at all times... Steve and his family are good friends of mine.

From a former math teacher to a current math teacher - thanks, my friend! Glad to have you as part of the PCD community.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          I could tell you all kinds of stories about GOMATERGO... Steve and I have been helping each other out with Cars for over 4 years... prior to the start of PCD, I was searching on the Internet for Cars and found another site... I signed up... within 5 minutes I had received a PM from GOMATERGO; he told me he lived in the same county I did... I replied... and the next day he'd helped me out with a 2 pack and a single that I needed... I didn't have to pay eBay price... I was thrilled to know there were people who helped each other out as opposed to making a huge profit.

We've gone on Cars hunts together... we've gone to Indianapolis and delivered Mack Transporters to Nathan's Playroom (formerly Cars Cares)... if either of us is out shopping, we contact the other to see if they need something new... Steve has told me from the beginning that helping others results in good Cars-ma for you, and I've tried to follow that philosophy at all times... Steve and his family are good friends of mine.

From a former math teacher to a current math teacher - thanks, my friend! Glad to have you as part of the PCD community.
          this is why I'm really enjoying this site. Every seems so helpful and from a collector to a collector. Not from a collector to a pirate lol

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

is national lampoons vacation the one where they go to wally world?

Comment

GOMATERGO was the first person i contacted in the US after seeing an advert of his of a sale for some kday cars,he offered me some excellent advice and within a few weeks i had already amassed an immense collection of cars through his help.a month later we did it again,a month after that we did it again,each time the contents of these boxes superceded the other with my SOTS set being the icing on the cake.
              he then asked for my own help in obtaining some christmas presents for his boys for this coming year which ended up becoming an amazing hunt for a load of action figures.
              it's good to know a little more about you GOMATERGO and congratulations on your achievements.

i do know one formula though djjd21+GOMATERGO = Friends

Comment

GOMATERGO was the first person I ever traded with and is a great guy. Nice to learn more about you!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!! I truly believe that helping each other out will always be in the best interest for all. I actually just got off the phone with a new friend from Phoenix! Very cool to hear others stories like his and to read more about others here as well. We are much more than usernames and I am glad to meet and chat with you guys!! As with any time, should you need anything just shoot me a pm or give me a call!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

It is awesome to have a local guy to trade with. Makes hunting new Cars a lot easier. I have a local guy who I've been tring to get to join this site, but says he doesn't have enough time to post on another Cars site. Maybe one day he'll come around.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

great interview with some answers i can found myself into!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X