Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening blisters clean

Hi there everyone!

This is just a general question on packaging in general.

If I have my way...and I hope I do, I would like to start my own cars collection and will probably keep them in blisters (probably pinned to the wall in my sons room).

Now, there are a few cars that I am interested in that don't come in the standard blister packs, such as the exclusives that come in the Finish Line Frenzy set and the Collect and Connect puzzles. To keep them in good shape and overal dust free, I'd like to put them in blisters that match the character. Such as finding a cheap LMQ, doing whatever with the car that it came with and then take my exclusive, and put in the blister to display and make it look like a brand new package

Anybody have any tips? I've read people using an exacto knife very carefully, I've heard people use Goo-Gone and such. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

I've not really done this... but I have occasionally used a hair dryer to "loosen/melt" the glue that holds a price sticker or label to a cardback or blister... you might try that.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      I've not really done this... but I have occasionally used a hair dryer to "loosen/melt" the glue that holds a price sticker or label to a cardback or blister... you might try that.
      that is a pretty good idea. I will give that a try if anything ever comes to happen

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Ronsonol lighter fluid, not in conjunction with the hair dryer though!
        Similar to Goo Gone & Label Off (petroleum distillates...)

Comment

[QUOTE=GotFrank;11607]Ronsonol lighter fluid, not in conjunction with the hair dryer though!
          QUOTE]

that would have been 1 funny youtube vid

Comment

lmao!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I use lighter fluid to remove the sticker residue from the plastic bubble and cardbacks but if using on the card backs to release the bubble use a little at a time as it will soak into the card and distort it, the problem you have is putting the fluid between the bubble edge and the cardback, one mistake and its no good. It may take a while to do and you cant pull the bubble until you've done it all. Patience and time is the key, little and often, the hardest bit is you need 3 hands, as as you put the fluid on it evaporates faster than you can peel the bubble away safely, too much and the card distorts(top layer comes off) or creases, one hand hold the card, the other pouring the fluid on steady but not too much and the other hand trying to get the bubble away from the card.

Comment

ah yes...I did remember reading about lighter fluid evaporating fast.

DOn't think my gf would be keen on helping out on such a "dumb" process.

Then again...any of this is subject to being able to start my own collection lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Working...
                X