Kmart Hot Wheels Event - November 3, 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kmart Hot Wheels Event - November 3, 2012

It looks like the next Kmart Hot Wheels Collector Event is Saturday November 3 at 9 am.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/n...x?news_id=1458

First to market cars:
    '69 Chevelle SS 396
    '70 Pontiac GTO Judge
    '66 Chevy Nova

Special colors:
    '67 Oldsmobile 442 (micro hugger orange)
    ’70 Buick GS (blue)
    Custom Volkswagen Beetle (gold afflair white)
    Custom ’64 Galaxie (micro yellow)

I don't know what the Treasure Hunt(s) are supposed to be... I bought a case on pre-sale for the September Hot Wheels event... not sure I'll be able to do that this time around.

I'd like to thank my friend Ron for the phone call this morning telling me about the event.

I attended the last one on September 15 - that was the first one I attended... I was amazed to find I was one of 20 people at the event... for last weekend's Cars event, I was the only one or first one at 3 of 10 stores... I was impressed with how everyone worked together at the Hot Wheels event to make sure everyone got what they needed...

I'll have to decide if I'm going to attend the November 3 event - it's been an expensive last few weeks.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I feel like going just to see how many people go to these events compared to how many people go to the Cars events. I really hope K-Mart continues the Cars events....

Comment

Wish we had thee around here as well. Wouldnt mind that custom beetle or that galaxy.

Likewise fillmore, i hope they continue the cars ones too for a bit. Im pretty sure 10 will be the last one unkess a new cars movie is made. My prediction would be both first to market rip and silver rip in the next event.

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Wow, are these events usually spaced so close together?

Comment

I was going to attend this one but will be out of town. I'm just curious to know how many more people attend these than the Cars events.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Here's a link for the upcoming Hot Wheels event case... I don't think I'm going to order this one, but will try to get to the event.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...mage&adCell=W4

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I normally don't go to these but if anyone here needs some cars from the event and can't make it I could swing by if you need or something

Comment

I attended the November 3 Hot Wheels event today... there were the same people in attendance as there were at the September 15 event... however, instead of 3 boxes with 4 cases each, there were only 2 boxes of 4 cases each... I wasn't even able to complete a set of the 7 new releases... I had a Treasure Hunt (Carbonator) in my hands but didn't recognize it as one and because I didn't like the looks of the car I passed it along to someone else.

Here are 6 of the 7 new releases... in 3 stores, I only saw 1 Nova at one store and the Pontiac GTO Judge at 1 store.

Here are more of the Hot Wheels I added today:

Here's my favorite Hot Wheels item I purchased today:

I ended up stopping at 2 more Kmart stores and did pick up a few more Hot Wheels... as well as a few more Kmart 9 Cars that one of the stores would not sell me the day of the event.

Back to the Hot Wheels Collector Event... from what I heard, none of the stores got as many master cartons as they did last time because sales were down... in my opinion, the case assortment left a lot to be desired (where have we heard that before?)... Hopefully Kmart can put a little pressure on Mattel to provide better case assortment... long time Hot Wheels collectors were not happy with the case assortment and product availability at all.

One of the collectors from the event who I've seen in the local Meijer and Walmart brought these for me:
                Last edited by cac1959; 11-04-2012, 04:05 AM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

Working...
                X