hurricane sandy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurricane sandy

hoping you guys over in the U.S. are safe and sound.

the pictures we are seeing look frightning enough let alone be there.

our thoughts are with you

Here in Canada we just get the tail end of what is going on and the high winds are enough of a hint of what may be going on down there, and the pictures fill in the rest.

Hope everyone on here is doing well, and my best with everyone who is in the middle of it

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

My thoughts go out to anyone who is or may be affected

I hope all PCD members are and remain safe and sound

Comment

Bumper Save leaves in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area... they are getting hit hard... Our oldest son and his fiance live and work in the Philadelphia area as well... public transportation has been shut down there (also in New York and many other areas in New England and the mid-Atlantic regions)... Airlines have canceled flights in many airports and it's even impacting airports in Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana... businesses in Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, and many more cities have been shut down.

We've had 30 to 40 mile per hour winds today and it's to increase to 50 to 55 tonight - fairly steady winds... as the rain moves inland from east to west (backwards from how it normally moves) and hits colder air, there may be wet snow here... the mountains of Pennsylvania and West Virginia may get 2 to 3 feet of snow.

Thanks for the wishes... Sandy is going to be bad - the storm surge is coming during high tides which will make the flooding worse.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Left work yesterday about an hour early before the storm got bad. Left early this morning and am now back at work about 20 miles northwest of DC. It is still raining here but the winds have died down. With the government shut down, it is a ghost town around here. Easy commute this morning!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Just seen some of the pictures on the BBC News site. Hope everyone is ok and things return to normal asap.

Comment

I've received a couple of e-mails or texts from family and friends from Pennsylvania who are without electric power and have been since yesterday... they are ok... but the damage is incredible... we're fortunate that there haven't been more lives lost.

For those of you in Europe expecting parcels from the US - there may be some delays for a while due to the storm - airports are still closed... flights in many other cities not directly in the path of the storm have been canceled... it may be awhile before things get back to normal.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

it is quite terrible from what I am seeing down south of the border.

The winds here in Ontario have reached up to a steady 45km/h (28mph) which is not so bad, but gusts have been recorded up to 100kmh (about 60mph).

We had some power outages in my area and high winds, but nothing too serious.

Toronto was hit harder with widespread outages and the transit system has been affected. Trees knocked down.

We are fortunate that normally we don't get affected by this very much and our death toll in these events is usually Zero, however the high wind gusts caused a damaged to a Staples store sign with debris from it falling/flying and provded a fatal blow to a women in Toronto. I don't know who she was, but my thoughts are with her family.

Transformers for Trade
                Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

We were fortunate not to live at the shore but lost power from 8:45 PM Monday to 6 AM Thursday. Everyone here is OK though but we did lose a tree. It blocked our driveway until we got a guy to clear it on Tuesday but fortunately it didn't hit our house or anyone else's.

My grandparents have a shore house three houses from the beach in Ocean City NJ. We haven't been able to make it down there to see if the house made it or not. Fortunately it is not their permanent residence and they remained safe at their main house the whole time. We haven't had school the whole week since it is taking so long to restore power everywhere and clear downed trees. We have friends in the area who still don't have power right now. Terrible storm, fortunately it's a once in a lifetime deal.

I have to commend Governors Corbett and Christie as well as Phila. Mayor Nutter, they all did a fine job during this situation

Comment

Working...
                  X