spoty 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoty 2012

congrats to wiggo in winning this the other night, glad to say I voted for him, cant understand how Murray got third mind

spoty = uk bbc sports personality of the year
    wiggo = bradley wiggins, tour de france and olympic gold medalist, mod father, top bloke

I agree that Wiggins was a well deserved winner. I could have also seen Jessica Ennis winning too. It's a shame that this year we've had two exceptional contenders for the top award that would normally have won in any other year.

With regards to Andy Murray - he's had a great year, but the award is Sports PERSONALITY, not sporting achievement!!!

This year the SPOTY show has been one of the best I can remember - some truely great achievements by all in both able body and non sports and it was great to see them all get into the limelight and not just the usual football, cricket, etc focus.

Made me proud...

Comment

Thanks for clarify what SPOTY meant... I saw the title and was a little confused... Wiggins' accomplishments this year were grand and he struck me as having a great personality as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I cant believe you dont think Oor Andy has a personality!

I guess you just have to be from an intellectually superior Country like Scotland to be on his wavelength, PMSL who am i kidding - hes got about as much personality as a pancake.

He does however have guts and determination like no other, and i think we will see more majors to come, he will be SPOTY if he wins Wimbledon though (unless up against someone who has had such a good year as Wiggo).

Obviously with the shocking news from America about the school shooting (im still shellshocked when i hear mention of it) i thought id mention that Andy Murray was at Dunblane primary school in class the day of the massacre there about 20 years ago, just wondered if many people new that. If the idiot who carried out that massacre had randomly walked into a different classroom the history books could be very different.

Comment

Working...
        X