beautiful oldtimer and dreamcar convention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beautiful oldtimer and dreamcar convention

Today i went with my wife and kids to a nice and beautiful oldtimer and dreamcars convention.
    A very good friend of us was over there to sell some nice and rare cars like a mustang boss302, detomaso gts, and others... my wife was very interested to buy the boss.
    here are some pics from the convention

and my wife's dream car, but I have to say, she have good taste , V12 Zagato

My oldest son's dreamcar

Fantastic photos of some great cars (hard for me to type cars without a capital C)... I like them all... even though I drive a Civic.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Amazing! I love cars and there were some real beauties in there.

Although not sure on the make and model, the big square silver one with the red flying baron plate certainly caught my eye.

Thanks for sharing

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

nice car photos

Comment

you mean the facel vega?

here i have a little note about it (was translate's true google translater so sorry if there are any mistakes in it)
          acel Vega was a French luxury car brand with Paris as its home base. Facel (Forges et Ateliers de Construction d'Eure et Loire), founded in 1938 by Jean Daninos, was a steel press converted bodywork supplied to car brands like Delahaye, Panhard and Simca. In 1953 it was decided to build cars that started in 1954. After 1178 large and 1500 small cars have produced Facel went bankrupt in 1964.

Several causes were the prewar French luxury car brands early fifties crippled. The causes were the German occupation, material shortages, too small a market and high taxes on powerful luxury cars. Finally, in France no longer made luxury cars. In 1953 Daninos got the idea to create a new luxury car to build. That was the beginning of the Facel Vega car brand, the name Vega was an idea of ​​his brother, the widely read author Pierre Daninos (1913-2005).

First was a suitable search engine. France was at that time not made the requested type. In Italy he was not found. First wanted Daninos specially to design a new engine, but then thought of his days in the U.S., where he stayed during the Second World War. He got in touch with Chrysler and came with factory agreed that he could use the V8 of DeSoto. This 4,5 liter Hemi produced 170 horsepower. One problem was that Daninos only an import license was provided for every franc of imported bikes worth five francs had to be exported.

[Edit] Models

A first prototype was made. The design was by Jean Daninos itself. The technical side was designed by Jacques Brasseur. Who developed a space frame, double wishbone suspension and a solid rear wheel drive, mostly to American standards. The car had a wheelbase of 2,629 m, was 4.57 m long and 1.37 m high and weighed 1814 kg. Besides the engine were an automatic two-speed transmission from Chrysler and drum brakes from Lockheed-Bendix installed. Many European customers opted however for the optional manual 4-speed gearbox which cost around 475 euros.

Two different copies of the Facel Vega Excellence EX2

This picture gives a good picture of the active, for leaning silhouette heavy sports
          This 2-door coupe was shown in 1954 at the Paris Motor Show. From 1954 to 1955 would be around 46 Facel Vega are made. The high price of over 5,500 euros, slightly more expensive than a Rolls-Royce, the Facel moderate sold. In 1956 the car was overhauled and given a more powerful engine of 5.4 liters 325 hp. From 1957, a 4-door model with extended wheelbase made under the name Excellence.

In 1959, the Facel Vega HK500 was introduced with a 5.8 liter and later even a 6.3 liter engine of 360 hp. In 1960, the sports car market tapped with Facellia. These smaller convertible had a 4-cylinder 1.6 l of French origin who was unreliable and a tragic error would appear. Later this engine was replaced by a 1.8 liter Volvo. But it was too late and the losses in this model piled up.

In 1961 the Facel Vega II. The lower weight of 1633 kg and the 390-hp engine was still faster than the already rapid I. The things went poorly and the company had additional investments. The French bank Crédit National was prepared to make a loan of 6,000,000 francs on condition that two partners were found. The French government had a third partner to be found. Thus, Jean Daninos minority shareholder. He resigned as CEO and was now technical director. The new general manager promised all Facellia customers a new engine. Around 300 went into that. This not only cost a lot of money but was also bad about, making sales collapsed and huge losses.

Credit National deleted then 2 million of the promised loan and the general shareholders' meeting of 10 July 1962 it was decided to apply for bankruptcy. Jean Persin became the new director. He tried with Daninos to save the company. The improved Facellia F2, the Facel Vega Facel Vega III and 6 were launched. That krikten sales again but not sufficient. In July 1963 the company was given another year to get back on its feet. That did not, however, and on 31 October 1964, the production stop put. There were a total of less than three thousand Facel Vega's built.

Comment

Thanks for the info. No wonder I couldn't place it. I have never heard of the make. She's a beauty though!

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
            X