Spotlight on.......Ru5ty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on.......Ru5ty

Next up in the spotlight is one of the two "Norn Iron" collectors Ru5ty...

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I'm from the Emerald isle, A little island part of the UK known as Norn Iron, as some would say... and I still live there

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    My addiction started the day after my sons 3rd birthday early December 2009

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    After my first viewing of the movie with my little boy I noticed he was trying to recite the script and thought this might be a good learning exercise for him, So I got him some die casts and watched his interaction skills grow and grow.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    423 including haulers, doubles and exclusives not counting mini's, play sets and other scale die-casts.

6. Which die-cast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    My favourite car if I could only pick one would be...............Oh so hard.....probably my Prototype Pixar Motorama LMQ

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Hard one again......hmmmm, Lizzie. she's so real in many ways, She reminds me of my granny. Her misinterpretation of what's going on and her funny old time remarks. she makes me laugh

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Frank...the day I found him in Tesco's my chum text me to tell me his package from the States arrived and there was another one for me. couldn't believe it, after waiting over a year to get this die cast two come in the same day...Unreal

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    I own a Volvo S40 R Design Sport, but drive my Wife's Vauxhall Astra for my cars hunts..

10. What is your dream car?
    My dream car to have sitting outside my door would be Billy Octane Gain, but in reality it would most likely be the new Nissan R32 Skyline or a Lambo. Any one would do...

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Well apart from being a 24 hr butler to my Wife & kids I work in the Freelance production services environment for the Broadcast, TV & Film Industries...

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Many....I love the out doors and motor sports but my greatest passion would be playing with my kids, and tidying away there collections day in day out...Oh and shooting people up on Black Ops for the PS3

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    I know a lot of people under the spotlight have said their marriage and having their children, this in a way would be mine too but my greatest achievement would be actually meeting my wife. took me months to catch her eye and another several months before I actually got a kiss. Though I must say it all paid off.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Oh this ones an easy one. AMC Productions The walking dead based on the books by Robert Kirkman. And Favourite Movie would be the Wachowski brothers Hit the Matrix

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Well I'd use 10% of the winnings to buy Euro millions lottery tickets and If I won big money I'd buy an island in the Maldives and a nice sea cruiser just to top it off..Give some to charity, sort out some family members and friends then use the rest to finance a movie I'd like to make....Oh and get the remaining Cars1 die-casts I need to finish my collection..

As always, questions and comments below
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM. Reason: Removed Age Question

Some great answers there Ru5ty. I like your comments about Lizzie - so true to home for me too

What do you do freelance? My cousin does a similar role but is part of the editing crew. He started off at Pinewood Studios in London (I'm guessing you knew where that one was) and no freelances. He's got a good contract with Sky Sports for both Football and Rugby League. Only problem for him is that he's busy Friday - Sunday and off Mon - Thu. I don't think he has issues with the amount of time off, but it doesn't really fit in well with others working life!

Sounds like you worked hard to get your wife - proof that persistance pays off!

Comment

Nice to meet you, Ru5ty... Great answers... and it is hard just to have 1 favorite Car... My sons play Call of Duty Black Ops on the PS3... perhaps you've played with or against them... I'm not into the shoot-em-up games myself...

And as far as getting a Car in the mail and then finding it in the store, that's happened to many of us... I may have to buy something on eBay or get it from someone else before it turns up in stores for me and others to find, lol...

Interesting story about your wife too...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

bout ye ru5ty, i,m crying into my hankie right now as your greatest achievment has really melted my heart.....
        and as for point 12 I,ve never seen you walk the length of yourself! do you think I came up the Lagan in a bubble

Comment

Wow, great luck finding a Frank in the store

Comment

Good answers and have been there many times on the car in post and found on shelf a couple of weeks later.

Comment

Nice. I freakin' loooove The Walking Dead. It's torture to have to wait til October for the next season to start.

I'd love to see pics of your proto Motorama McQ.....

Comment

Thanks guys for all your responses there all great to read, cheers....now for some answers. 1st of to Mr B, my work load is similar you could be real busy then real slack all at the same time, but that gives me the time for this hobby lol...
                cac its a pleasure to meet you too and Im sure your grandson has took me out, several times I'm sure.. boogity your always crying so no change there ha ha...And for getting and receiving at nearly the same point in time, I'm glad we all have something in common no matter were in the world we are...
                Sodachum I'm with you there in terms of waiting for the next season, I probably done the wrong thing and watched them back to back online. One a week was torture in itself.... Roll on October. And the Motorama is no difference to any that I've seen, it doesn't have white walls or anything directly noticeable, the only thing is that it hasn't been date coded at the bottom....From my knowledge the picnic cars have one of two date codes on the bottom and mine is Von Dutch so to speak.
                So a big thanks for taking the time to read my spotlight and another thankyou to all who's responded...Cheers
                StU (Ru5ty)

Comment

Mr. Brownstone- these Spotlights are awesome as they are, but I for one would love if you'd add favorite books and music to the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
                    Mr. Brownstone- these Spotlights are awesome as they are, but I for one would love if you'd add favorite books and music to the questions.
                    Might as well ask for favorite beverage and food also... not that there's much money to buy those items with all the Cars coming out...

For those of you that have already been featured, please send me a private message with the answers - I can edit the interviews and add the information...
                    Last edited by cac1959; 06-13-2011, 07:07 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                    X