NCAA Bracket Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Bracket Challenge

For the last several years, I've run an NCAA Men's Basketball Bracket Challenge on cbssports.com called:

http://carsthetoys.mayhem.cbssports.com/

You need to have a cbssports account in order to participate...

If you've participated before, you should receive an invitation again this year.

If you'd like to participate this year, please post a reply in this thread with your e-mail address and I'll be sure that you receive an e-mail invitation to participate.

Bumper Save won last year... I'll also run a second chance Final Four when we get to the last 4 teams.

There is no cost to participate... no prizes will be awarded... just a chance to participate and have fun.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I've signed up already - even if you don't know anything about basketball you still have a shot! I don't follow basketball in the least and I somehow managed to win last year. I encourage you all to join up.

Comment

We're up to 10 people in the NCAA Bracket Challenge at this time; I'm expecting entries from 2 more people.... just under 23 hours remain to sign up.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

sign me up Chris
        I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by jbail10 View Post
          sign me up Chris
          You should have just received your invitation, Jim... sorry I didn't get it sent last night... you've got about 90 minutes to make your picks on CBSSports.com

Comment

I'm already in....

In it for the wooden spoon again as I know nothing about college basketball

Comment

Colorado St. won. Woo hoo! And that was about all that I picked well. lol!

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
              Fred Rogers

Comment

MrBrownstone is in first place after the Thursday games... Congratulations on your upset pick of Harvard to beat New Mexico...

I was 5-0 after the first 5 Thursday games... and 5-6 for the last 11...

I'll post results - I have them in an Excel spreadsheet at home but it's not posting properly as far as in nicely formatted columns.

Comment

I'm a sourpuss on the NCAA tournament this year. I'm following my Terps in the NIT.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Here are the standings after the Friday games - sorry for the format... I ended up doing a screen capture of an Excel worksheet and pasting it into Paint as a .JPG file... it's inefficient, but it works.

bobbyjack - I felt Maryland should have made the NCAA tournament this year - their wins over Duke were quality wins.

Comment

come on......

Thsi is a sprint and not a marathon.... right???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        bobbyjack - I felt Maryland should have made the NCAA tournament this year - their wins over Duke were quality wins.
                        We got Alabama next. If we can't beat them, we didn't belong in the NCAA tournament.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Here are the standings after the Saturday games:

Comment

Here are the standings after the completion of the Round of 32... We're down to the Sweet 16 (as far as teams remaining)...

And we have a new leader (sorry, MrBrownstone)...

My official entry is in 9th place, currently below my 2 entries where I picked all favorites and all upsets... crazy... that's why they call it March Madness!

For those of you who are new this year, for games through the Elite 8, we add the seed bonus to the points for the win... for the Final 4 and Championship games, we multiply the seed by the points for the win.

2nd round - 1 plus the seed bonus (if you picked FGCU, a 15 seed, to beat Georgetown, you got 16 points... If you picked #1 Kansas to win, you got 2 points).
                            3rd round - 2 plus the seed bonus (if you picked FGCU to win, you got 17 points... If you picked #1 Kansas to win, you got 3 points).
                            Sweet 16 - 4 plus the seed bonus.
                            Elite 8 - 8 plus the seed bonus.
                            Final 4 - 16 times the seed bonus.
                            Championship - 32 times the seed bonus.

Comment

Here are the standings after the first 4 Sweet 16 games (3/28/13):

Indiana's loss to Syracuse busted 3 brackets last night... mine included... I was hoping for an IU win and an all Big 10 Final Four... now since both IU and Butler are out... I'm going to root for Florida Gulf Coast University - the first #15 seed to ever reach the Sweet 16...

I'll post updated standings tomorrow after the Friday night Sweet 16 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X