Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook

Thought a Facebook thread may be fun to meet more people here and talk some cars. I personally created a new account for cars collecting. Account name is Jim Scavenger. Feel free to add me if you like!

If you know of some good Cars, Hot Wheels or other cool things on Facebook you wanna share this would be a good place so we can all check it out!
    Last edited by Scavenger; 05-04-2013, 12:50 AM.

Nice idea Scavenger.
    I've heard PCD have a Facebook page but its not advertised on here as far as I can tell and I can't find it via Facebook search.

Comment

My apologies for not posting information on our PCD Facebook page... here's a link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/448729615153289/

You need to request to join the group - we'll see your request and add you.

You can also reply in this thread with your e-mail address, and we will send out an invitation.

You can also find us on Facebook this way:
      Go to Facebook.com.
      In the box at the top where it says Search for people, places and things - type in PixarCarsDiecast.com

We'll also look at adding a small graphic on the site pages that will bring up our Facebook page.

Some people post on our Facebook page and not the website... others post on the website and not the Facebook page... some post on both.

My Facebook name is Chris Carter; I don't have much of an imagination, eh?

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I've been in contact with MrBrownstone - we should have a link to the PixarCarsDiecast.com Facebook page on the site within the next few days...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I did the same. Got tired of asking friends or my mother in law if they would log in so I could see Cars people were selling.
          I'm Bubba Mater on there. Feel free to add me if you like.

Comment

Thanks for the info Chris. I've sent a request via the site to join.

I'm not active on Facebook but perhaps now I'll use it more.

Comment

Glad to help, Flash... I wasn't really active on Facebook until Peter McQueen set up the PixarCarsDiecast.com group... now I use it frequently... :-)

Comment

I'm not on Facebook so maybe I just don't understand it, but why have a Facebook page when we already have PCD?

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                  I'm not on Facebook so maybe I just don't understand it, but why have a Facebook page when we already have PCD?
                  Good question, John... I was wondering the same thing when Peter asked me about setting it up... However, I already do see benefits to it.

1. Some people use Facebook more than they spend time on websites... some only post on Facebook.
                  2. Facebook is very usable on mobile platform environments - when someone posts on our PCD group page, I receive notification... it takes me right to the post whereas I'd have to open the website on my phone in a browser, scroll to the topic.
                  3. If I or a friend finds something new in a store or online (for example, your first in the US to find case F singles at Target) and we post it on the Facebook page, everyone in our group can see it at once - we don't have to send out numerous text messages on the phone or e-mail or post on the page... I can quickly post it on Facebook using my cell phone.
                  4. Facebook is free advertising - we have gained members who found out about www.pixarcarsdiecast.com on Facebook first.
                  5. I had trouble accessing our website today... I posted a notice about it on Facebook in case others were having issues... I could not post about it on PCD to let them know there were problems with PCD... I received feedback from others that they were fine... that helped me troubleshoot the problem.

I see benefits of social media, not just for PCD, but other organizations... young people expect to find things on social media sites such as Facebook... and I may need to start using Twitter... social media tools weren't out when I was in high school or college... I didn't even get Internet access until 1997 and high speed Internet access at home until we moved back in 2005... I wouldn't dream of being without it now... or without having a smart phone.

Comment

Nice to see the Facebook advertisement when I logged in today. I'm a member now - thanks Chris.

I joined Facebook because it was the trendy thing to do years back but never got into it at all. However the younger generation (and some older) love it. It can only add more members to PCD for sure.

Comment

Ive just joined the facebook page cant wait to be accepted and get posting and responding to all

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        Good question, John... I was wondering the same thing when Peter asked me about setting it up... However, I already do see benefits to it.

1. Some people use Facebook more than they spend time on websites... some only post on Facebook.
                        2. Facebook is very usable on mobile platform environments - when someone posts on our PCD group page, I receive notification... it takes me right to the post whereas I'd have to open the website on my phone in a browser, scroll to the topic.
                        3. If I or a friend finds something new in a store or online (for example, your first in the US to find case F singles at Target) and we post it on the Facebook page, everyone in our group can see it at once - we don't have to send out numerous text messages on the phone or e-mail or post on the page... I can quickly post it on Facebook using my cell phone.
                        4. Facebook is free advertising - we have gained members who found out about www.pixarcarsdiecast.com on Facebook first.
                        5. I had trouble accessing our website today... I posted a notice about it on Facebook in case others were having issues... I could not post about it on PCD to let them know there were problems with PCD... I received feedback from others that they were fine... that helped me troubleshoot the problem.

I see benefits of social media, not just for PCD, but other organizations... young people expect to find things on social media sites such as Facebook... and I may need to start using Twitter... social media tools weren't out when I was in high school or college... I didn't even get Internet access until 1997 and high speed Internet access at home until we moved back in 2005... I wouldn't dream of being without it now... or without having a smart phone.

Great points Chris, but will there be a feed from Facebook to this site? Like I said, I don't have Facebook, so if people are posting recent finds only on Facebook, it could make this site useless. (I'm sorry to be so blunt.)

Comment

This site will never become useless because so many people post on here things other than recent finds.
                          I have the Facebook as of about a month ago but I check this site way more frequently.
                          The Facebook page could just be better suited for those who like a one stop shop sorta deal.
                          I also feel like a lot of people who post on there do still post on here as well, like myself.

Comment

John - I've looked before about a feed from Facebook, but can't seem to find a way to do it. I'll look again...

I do have to agree with Bubba John - PixarCarsDiecast.com is the home of the site and in my opinion will always be. Our facebook presence is purely that. I've had a facebook account since 2007, but rarely go on our page yet I visit this site almost daily

Comment

I might add... if someone posts something new with photos on our Facebook page, I contact them and ask for permission to post on the main site... Facebook is another way to get the information to Cars fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X