• When you Cars shop, do you say

When you Cars shop, do you say:

1. These are for me
    2. These are for my children
    3. These are for my grandchildren
    4. These are for my nephews/nieces
    5. These are for friends
    6. None of the above

I used to buy for my grandchildren, but they've outgrown Cars... I haven't...

You may pick more than one answer... I usually buy for myself and friends these days.
    These are for me
    47.06%
    These are for my children
    32.35%
    These are for my grandchildren
    0.00%
    These are for my nephews/nieces
    5.88%
    These are for friends
    14.71%
    None of the above
    0.00%

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I would have to say 1 & 2

Comment

I enjoy the collecting part of it, but I don't care about keeping them in the package to display. I want my kids to play with and enjoy them. I do get a rush when I find a new one that we don't have yet.

Comment

Both for me and my kids.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I have said they are for me, have gotten a bit of abuse over it especially in our tescos, but I can take it, however on a couple of occasions I have said they are for one of my mates........ ru5ty, when I couldnt be bothered explaining myself, the answer I then get is, "oh, him!!!!," -me "yeah, him!"

Comment

I am a one and 2 as well, though I think it is leaning more towards me for now.

Comment

I always say they are for my kids it's just easier that way and really they are kind of. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

One, two and occasionally (but not as often as it used to be due to distribution) 5

I'd say that I get the cars as much for myself as my son(s)

Comment

1, 4, and 5 here

Comment

If asked I say they are for my kids. If I said they were for me at the stores I'd get strange looks and I don't want to take the time to answer them. Even some family members that are told by my wife or kids at parties that 'daddy collects these' have rolled their eyes and given smart remarks. To which I always respond "I'm not actually playing with the cars, I just collect them". And if that doesn't end the weird looks I then point out something they collect that I've known about and say how weird it is (i.e. my brother-in-law collects xmas plates and puts them on the walls - seems feminine and goofy to me but that's his collection). So bottom line, if someone gives you crap about it, just give it right back to them.

Comment

I picked #2. My son is with me 90% of the time I cars hunt so no one really blinks an eye when I purchase stuff. Although I have to say that when I was hunting Frosty I used reason #4 - I can't imagine the guy believing me if I said they were for my 6 kids! Lol. I told them they were for my 3 kids & nephews (3 were actually for my kids & one of those for me).

Comment

Always 2

Comment

1, 2, and 5

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

christmas plates, bet he doesnt brag about that, still everyone knows now!
                            surely you can only collect and display once a year
                            Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                            If asked I say they are for my kids. If I said they were for me at the stores I'd get strange looks and I don't want to take the time to answer them. Even some family members that are told by my wife or kids at parties that 'daddy collects these' have rolled their eyes and given smart remarks. To which I always respond "I'm not actually playing with the cars, I just collect them". And if that doesn't end the weird looks I then point out something they collect that I've known about and say how weird it is (i.e. my brother-in-law collects xmas plates and puts them on the walls - seems feminine and goofy to me but that's his collection). So bottom line, if someone gives you crap about it, just give it right back to them.

Comment

I'd get strange looks no matter what I say, at my age. Normally I just keep to myself or hide in another aisle if I see someone I know.

Comment

Working...
                              X