• Show
Clear All

• Turbo Snails

I found turbo snails at target yesterday
    they had an entire end cap of them
    space that would be better served with cars or even planes merchandise
    and they are hideous
    it looks like they have a lot of plastic on them as well
    I wish I had my camera with me at the time as I can not describe just how bad they really are
    I think these will be a big crash and burn

Thanks for the update on Turbo Snails, carslover... could it be another Speed Racer merchandise flop? We'll know shortly...

If anyone sees these toys in stores and can take and post pictures, we'd appreciate it.

I won't be collecting Turbo Snails... How about you?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I saw they were up on the toywiz website, if you want to take a look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        Thanks for the update on Turbo Snails, carslover... could it be another Speed Racer merchandise flop? We'll know shortly...

If anyone sees these toys in stores and can take and post pictures, we'd appreciate it.

I won't be collecting Turbo Snails... How about you?

I'm already looking forward to "Turbo 2" featuring international spy Slug McMussel.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Ferris...

Good one, John in Missouri! Slug McMussel...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
            I'm already looking forward to "Turbo 2" featuring international spy Slug McMussel.
            Ha ha made me chuckle that....but should be Slug McMollusc no?

Comment

My wife and kids saw this same display at Target the other day. My wife tried to tell me they looked cool ... my kids looked at her like she was NUTS!! LOLOL My thoughts exactly!! Totally NOT cool!!

Comment

The local Meijer store was putting up an endcap for Turbo this morning... I'll check it out on the way home, but am not going to collect them.

The other evening I was watching the WISH-TV evening news (WISH TV is an Indianapolis channel)... they were talking about the Turbo movie with some of the Indy Car drivers... showed a few parts of the trailer... while the announcers said they liked the movie, I just don't see it having a lot of appeal.

Comment

I took my kids to see the movie and they both really liked it. I don't plan on buying the toys.

Comment

So far it's flopped in the box office for the weekend, only earning about $21 million, and earning about $31 million in total since it was released a few days before the weekend. Meanwhile Monsters University opened at $82 million and Despicable Me 2 opened at $83 million.

Has anybody actually seen stores stock Turbo toys that aren't on an end cap yet? It would be interesting to see where these toys would go to in the normal toy aisles. Hopefully they don't get rid of more Cars space since there's barely any room left for them as is!

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                      Has anybody actually seen stores stock Turbo toys that aren't on an end cap yet? It would be interesting to see where these toys would go to in the normal toy aisles. Hopefully they don't get rid of more Cars space since there's barely any room left for them as is!
                      I haven't but the Fall resets start in just a couple weeks ... will Turbo be around for that ... nahhhh, I don't think so. lol

Comment

I've seen Turbo snails @ Target, TRU & a grocery store around here. Heck I think they were half price at TRU today.

Comment

At my Target, they got rid of all the Cars stuff just so they could put in those dang Turbo Snails. I can get some pictures of them, too.
                          Last edited by J Las; 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I have not yet seen one single Turbo Snail at my WM or Kmart even though the resets are over at both stores. Planes diecast and common sense pretty much stomped on Dreamworks' plans to make Turbo Snails diecasts a hit.

J Las, hopefully your Target is just finishing up its reset and Cars will back there soon.

Comment

I was cars shopping at my target today and there were 2 children actually buying the turbo snails and looking for a certain one they wanted
                              i'm amazed that any of the snails are selling

Comment

Working...
                              X