RIP Jason Leffler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jason Leffler

NASCAR driver Jason Leffler passed away last night after a sprint car crash in a race at Bridgeport Speedway, a dirt track in South Jersey. Please keep his friends and family in your thoughts and prayers.

Leffler drove the #11 Joe Gibbs Racing car for a partial season in 2005 before Denny Hamlin took over the ride. He also raced for #38 Braun Racing in the Nationwide series, and earned Toyota's first victory in that series in 2007. Last Sunday at Pocono Raceway, he drove the #19 Toyota for Humphrey Smith Racing, temporarily replacing Mike Bliss. Leffler ran only 8 laps due to a lack of funding. He will be missed.

It's saddening to think that I witnessed his last 8 Nascar laps while attending the race at Pocono last Sunday. It puts things in perspective.

RIP "LefTurn"

Racing can be a dangerous sport... I remember watching horrific crashes in Indy back when I was younger... and I watched the race where Dale Earnhardt (Sr) passed away after what looked like a relatively low impact wreck... Not too long ago Dan Wheldon died in a violent collision... Dirt track sprint car races (not to be confused with the NASCAR Sprint Cup races) are more dangerous due to the open nature of the car.

Jason Leffler leaves a 5 year old son... that has got to be tough on a 5 year old to lose a father... I know what it was like to lose mine when I was 16.

And as you said, Bumper Save, it does put things in perspective.

RIP, "LefTurn"

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
    X