Spotlight On... Bubba101212

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... Bubba101212

Up next on Spotlight On... from the Chicago area... ladies and gentleCars... Bubba101212

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    From central Illinois, now living in Chicago almost 11 years now.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    End of 2011

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    My niece. Took her to see Cars 2 ( that was her first movie in the theatre. After the movie went and got a her a
    Mcqueen. After that I'd get her some here and there and she loved and I was beginning to realize I liked them too.
    My collection started end of 2011 beginning 2012 when I saw the cars in the acrylic cases at Disney store. Once
    those were all caught up I needed to still get Cars. Enter Mattel collecting.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    I have 176 Disney Store (includes sets), 461 Mattel cars (includes extras), and 42 micro drifters.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Hands down Barry Diesel. Reminds me of some of my family members at NASCAR races. Dinoco hat is the best.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Character wise by far it's Mater. Car wise it's Ramone

8. What has been your best ever find?
    In store two Galloping Geargrinders.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    Chevy Equinox

10. What is your dream car?
    Quad can Chevy Silverado

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Litigation Assistant at a Law Firm.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Spending time with my wife, bike trails, fishing.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Marrying my best friend

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV Showtime's Dexter, movie both of the Cars movies (yes I'm a grown up and watch them at least once a month)

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Buy my wife and I our first house, pay off all our debt (she's got lots of student loans), put some money away
    for a rainy day, take a nice vacation and of course get some Cars!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to learn more about you, Bubba101212... and I need to ask you the same thing I ask all our Chicago members... Cubs or White Sox?

I'm amazed that you know exactly how many Cars you have in your collection... but then again I may be in the minority because I don't... and you've picked up a lot of Cars in a very short period of time... that's quite impressive... and you may need to change your answer since I see you got some more Cars from your recent birthday and in trades.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

nice to learn more about you bubba

Comment

Great to read all about you bubba!

Comment

Well, I was born and raised a Cubs fan. My wife is a Sox fan. I fear I'm slowly being drug to the dark side. Haha.
          Football is more my sport to spectate. Steelers all the way there. I do watch the Bears though.

Funny enough my niece who had completely lost interest due to Lalaloopsy has circled back around and informed me she wants "only the girl Cars and Planes" after seeing the Planes trailer. Easy enough. The nephew turns three next week and still carries his Rip with him everywhere but Power Rangers and Superman are beginning to be the new thing for him. We will see.

I have a whole little spreadsheet set up with tabs seperating the stuff up
          Yes my number have changed quite a bit since then.

Up to
          Disney Store Planes 17
          Disney Store Cars 184
          Mattel Cars 517
          Microdrifters 0
          Extras kinda embarassed to say as they are outta control

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba101212 View Post
            Funny enough my niece who had completely lost interest due to Lalaloopsy has circled back around and informed me she wants "only the girl Cars and Planes" after seeing the Planes trailer.

Extras kinda embarassed to say as they are outta control
            My daughter said the same thing to me when Cars 2 came out AND when she saw the trailers for planes lolol

So ... no spreadsheet for the extras out of fear that you will realize how many extra you actually have?!?!?! lolol

Comment

It's funny because she is the one I mostly talk to via Facetime since she lives farther away and before I could even get out the "Hey, how are you" I was informed. Though when I visit if there are no "girl" Cars she will reluctantly take a "boy" Car but I hear about it the whole way back to my parents house. I just like that she likes to go Cars hunting with me.

I do have a spreadsheet for the extras just have way too many of them.

Comment

and here comes all the legal questions...

Comment

Good to hear from another Midwesterner!
                  May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba101212 View Post
                    I do have a spreadsheet for the extras just have way too many of them.
                    I will be happy to help you lower that number!

Comment

Do NOT let her seduce you in the ways of the dark side Bubba, stay strong brother!

Great to read more about you mate.

What is it with this site? Theres lots of UK and Europeans (moreso than any other Cars site I have visited) Yet all our international cousins seem to reside in the Midwest LOL.

Not that I am complaining, BEARDOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by TopherDawg View Post
                        and here comes all the legal questions...
                        I plead the fifth haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                          Do NOT let her seduce you in the ways of the dark side Bubba, stay strong brother!

Great to read more about you mate.

What is it with this site? Theres lots of UK and Europeans (moreso than any other Cars site I have visited) Yet all our international cousins seem to reside in the Midwest LOL.

Not that I am complaining, BEARDOWN!
                          Haha I do my best to hold my ground. Both teams are terrible this year anyway so football season can't come fast enough!

I have a feeling if you ever moved to the states you'd end up here as well. I think you're a Chicagoan at heart haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X