Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping Stories/Nightmares...share yours!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Stories/Nightmares...share yours!

My Boss and I are always talking about shipping and prices and problems we have had with the various shipping companies. So last night he sends me a copy of the tracking from a package he is waiting for from UPS. Now I have never seen anything like this before and thought he may have been messing with me and doctored it up. But this is true tracking info from his package!

I was seriously LMAO at this and thought I would share it with you all!
    And it made me think more of you might have some funny/good/bad stories about shipping! I mean train derailment is gonna be hard to beat..lol..but share anyway!!

Lmao!! Maybe that's the problem the new cars cases must have been on that train now they're lying down an embankment never to be seen by anyone at retail lol

Comment

If case G was on that train when it derailed, then it was "Throw Momma From The Train" (an older movie)...

I've had packages get to customs in New York City and then disappear... I've had a package from Michigan take 8 days to get to me in eastern Indiana (4 hours away)... due to a wrong zip code it went the scenic route.

Years ago a package from the UK to me took 40 days to arrive - it was shortly after the attempted shoe bomb incident and packages could not travel on planes with passengers - it was either freight flights or travel by boat.

Great idea for a thread, Scavenger.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

About 5 or 6 November's ago I sent an eBay package with maybe 12 Cars in it to Italy, but the Buyer said she never got it. After wishing and hoping and praying, I finally just gave her a full refund to keep everything Positive.

Fast forward to the following March, when I got home from work to find a package on my doorstep. It took me a minute to decipher that it was MY handwriting on the box, and then I realized it was the package I had sent to Italy! Not only did I get everything back in hand, but I was able to sell the Cars for a little more money since they had appreciated over those months.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
          About 5 or 6 November's ago I sent an eBay package with maybe 12 Cars in it to Italy, but the Buyer said she never got it. After wishing and hoping and praying, I finally just gave her a full refund to keep everything Positive.

Fast forward to the following March, when I got home from work to find a package on my doorstep. It took me a minute to decipher that it was MY handwriting on the box, and then I realized it was the package I had sent to Italy! Not only did I get everything back in hand, but I was able to sell the Cars for a little more money since they had appreciated over those months.

Amazing story, John in Missouri... I've had 2 packages that got lost on the way to me but I've been fortunate that everything I've mailed to others has arrived, although sometimes taking a little longer than it should... I've not mailed myself any packages - I should have when I was in Fort Myers on vacation a few years ago - I found 4 Dinoco 400 sets at a Target on clearance for $14.99 each - I knew I didn't have room in my suitcase for them... now I know that I could have gotten a box and sent it to myself via USPS... one of these days I'll probably do that.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That is a crazy story John!! Thats my worst fear with these trades, that one of them does not make it to where its suppose to go!! Amazing it made it back to you so far after you shipped!

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Amazing story, John in Missouri... I've had 2 packages that got lost on the way to me but I've been fortunate that everything I've mailed to others has arrived, although sometimes taking a little longer than it should... I've not mailed myself any packages - I should have when I was in Fort Myers on vacation a few years ago - I found 4 Dinoco 400 sets at a Target on clearance for $14.99 each - I knew I didn't have room in my suitcase for them... now I know that I could have gotten a box and sent it to myself via USPS... one of these days I'll probably do that.

My wife flew up to Minnesota to visit her Aunt during the Summer of 2006, and found a bunch of Mack Truck Playsets at the Mall of America. I had her ship them to me, but otherwise have never shipped anything to myself.

Glad you guys enjoyed my story -- it really makes me wonder what becomes of other lost packages.

Comment

Working...
              X