Spotlight On... BomBom77

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... BomBom77

Next up in the spotlight... a member who's been helping many members with signatures and graphics recently... ladies and gentlecars, here's BomBom77...

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    In a tiny little village in deepest, darkest South Wales. It has no vowels in its name though! Its called
    Ynysybwl. Would love to hear some of the forumites having a go at pronouncing that! LOL

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Started collecting them after my son first watched the movie last summer. He got into it so much that he would
    just scream when Mack goes from the SOTS to Cali and started shouting out the names of the Tunerz as they appeared.
    It just "blossomed" from there.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    As above really. My little one was soooo into the film that we bought him a LMQ so he could associate the toy
    with the film and its grown from there. He loves playing with them, especially the haulers but it seems that the
    pursuit of the diecasts, especially the PC racers and haulers has become mine lol.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you have currently have?
    At present (he has a stash he does not know about, for his birthday next week) I would guestimate he has around 150-200

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    A Favourite? For my boy, its easy, he loves Mack, Frank and Bessie. For me, hmmmm, its a toughie but if I had to
    plump for just one, i'd have to say Elvis RV. I liked the RV's from the film and was gutted that they never got
    around to selling the Convoy Bros and Syd Van Der Kamper

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    From the movie I would have to say it is Mater, purely for that one line when LMQ tells the RS guys that Doc has
    won 3 Piston Cups. "He did WHAT in his cup?" Love that theres references in there that kids wouldnt bat an eyelid
    at, yet the parents have to explain why they are laughing......awkward! lol

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Best ever find would have to be Chick Hicks last month. eBay prices for loose, played with Chick were like 5-7
    pound so finding a new in the packaging (even if it is a re-release) Chick was satisfying

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    My main ride at the mo is my problem riddled BMW 3 Series (2004) Love the car and its looks but its upkeep and
    ongoing repairs are a PITA! I also own a 1972 VW Beetle, the 1600cc GT Beetle model in Tomato Red. They were known
    in the States as 1300S and were limited in their run. Juice, as he is affectionately known, is currently on hiatus
    though LOL

10. What is your dream car?
    Dream Car? Easy, Bugatti Veyron. (plus an expenses account to keep it in Gas! LOL)

11. What do you do for a day job?
    At present I work as a delivery driver for a supermarket chain. I used to work as a lifeguard

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I am a certified Sports Nut. I love nearly all sports but have a particular passion for Blackburn Rovers,
    Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks as well as the Bulls and the Cubs. I also love Guns N Roses. Outside of that, I
    am a big fan of Stand up comedy and improv

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    I am not going to go the route of Marriage and Children as thats kinda a given so outside of those, I would say
    representing my country at Judo. Was a proud moment for me

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV show has to be the Stargate Franchise. Loved SG 1, Atlantis and Universe. Also liked Veronica Mars. Currently
    though it is a toss up between Spartacus and Supernatural. As for Films, take your pick, I can't. Good Morning
    Vietnam, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Remember The Titans and Dogma

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Well, I wouldnt have enough to retire So i would settle for becoming debt free, renovating the house and
    changing the cars, plus a family holiday to Cars Land naturally. Anything left would get banked for a rainy day.

If you are still reading, Kudos and thanks for sticking with it! Feel free to follow me on twitter - BomBom77

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to learn more about you, BomBom77... I find it interesting that from South Wales you became interested in Chicago sports teams.

You represented your county in Judo - that's a great accomplishment... you should be proud of it, as you are.

And to acquire between 150 and 200 Cars in a year? That's a great (and no doubt expensive) accomplishment as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

nice to learn more about our friend from across the pond

Comment

what supermarket chain at you with?

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Great to learn more about you, BomBom77... I find it interesting that from South Wales you became interested in Chicago sports teams.
          Simple enough really, came home one sunday to see my dad watching American Football on TV, i was about 7 at the time. Asked of the 2 teams who he supported, he said Miami, I asked who the others were, said Chicago Bears, I replied, I support them! lol. That was 1984, as it turned out, the only game the Bears lost that season! It kinda followed that I would support the other Chicago teams as I became interested in the other sports (except the south side ball club, yuck! lol)

Originally posted by boogity View Post
          what supermarket chain at you with?
          Mums Love Shopping there apparently!

Comment

Awesome to read more about you, sir!

Comment

When I dropped your package off at the post office the guy behind the counter made me check the address when he saw the name of your village. He said it looked like I just slammed my hand down on the keyboard when I typed in the info.

Great read..I like these spotlights, get to learn a little about everybody here!

Comment

-"Started collecting them after my son first watched the movie last summer. He got into it so much that he would
                just scream when Mack goes from the SOTS to Cali and started shouting out the names of the Tunerz as they appeared.
                It just "blossomed" from there."

Ha! BobbyJack at the age of 3 figured out how to start that scene over on the DVD and would watch it 8 or 9 times in a row before continuing on with the rest of the movie. Great to learn more about you Bom Bom.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

"ye-ni-si-b-w-le"

How's that for pronunciation???

Great to know more about you

The Highway scene with Mack is one of our favourites too. Listenign to my son try to sing "Life is a Highway" is great. Then the shout of "Daddy, you're cars are on" when the Tunerz are on screen is priceless

Without trying to be condesending, did you represent Wales or GB at Judo? Go to any major competitions?

Comment

Great to learn a bunch more about the man behind my signature!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Ha ..... One flew over the cuckoos nest..... " miss ratchet I want my f&$@ing cigarettes" lmao...... Thanks for
                      Making me laugh at work my days a bit better now

Comment

Wonderful read.
                        May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Nice to learn more about you Bombom77 =)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                            "ye-ni-si-b-w-le"

How's that for pronunciation???

Great to know more about you

The Highway scene with Mack is one of our favourites too. Listenign to my son try to sing "Life is a Highway" is great. Then the shout of "Daddy, you're cars are on" when the Tunerz are on screen is priceless

Without trying to be condesending, did you represent Wales or GB at Judo? Go to any major competitions?
                            LOL, close....but no cigar MrB! Easiest way to break it down is "Un-Iss-A-Bull" Thats welsh for you!

Represented Wales at the British Championships. Didn't last long enough to make the GB Squad, injuries and teenage life put paid to that LOL

Thanks for all the comments too peeps!

Comment

Great read, good to know more about ya. Seems Cars collecting attracts "birds of a feather" so to say. Not too surprisingly Mr Brownstone is fond of GnR. I myself have all of SG1 on DVD. I also get Dogma out about once a month. Just to put life into perspective "snoochie boochies". And cac1959, (Chris) seems to enjoy a bit of sport too.

Comment

Working...
                              X