Spotlight On.............carslover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On.............carslover

Next up in the Spotlight is carslover.......

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I was born in Wichita Falls, TX and have lived in Tyler, TX for 32 years

3. When did you start collecting Cars?

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    I bought the cars movie that had LMQ, Doc, Fillmore and Mater diecast cars with it. From then on i was hooked on collecting them.

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    1000+ loose and 1000+ still in the package

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Heavy Metal Mater

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Mater, because every straight man needs a comic relief

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Finding 5 Rips at retail on the same day

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    2009 Dodge RAM 1500 Sport

10. What is your dream car?
    Corvette ZR1

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Asst. Distribution Center Manager

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Texas Ranger Baseball, Model Trains, Hot Wheels, Magic The Gathering, Xbox 360

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Graduating College

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    Favorite TV show is Futurama and favorite movie is all 6 Star Wars

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Pay off my debts, buy my parents a nicer house, fund my lodge's charities and save the rest for a rainy day

Nice to learn a little more about you carslover

You must have a HUGE storage space to have 1000+ cars still boxed up (in addition to the 1000+ opened ones)

5 Rips in one day... I'd settle for just the one!

Great choice on the Star Wars movies too - I'll agree that I liked them ALL too (*now prepares to be ridiculed)

Comment

carslover, nice to learn something about you, lol. I feel very privileged that i have found a very fine friend in you. The only downside of carslover is : he owns so much more cars than i do, he has such an awesome display for all his stuff, he has the bigger car (Dodge RAM) . Thanks for being my friend (and for the endless stuff that you have send to me so far) and thanks for ignoring my bad english, lol.

Comment

Nothing wrong with liking all 6 Star Wars movies. I like the first 3 better because those are the ones we grew up with, but I think a lot of younger kids who grew up with the Prequels like those better. They also had a cool Clone Wars TV series to support that. All we had were some Marvel comic books and some Ewok movies. Good to learn more about you carslover.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Holy Shiite dude, 2000 cars? The missus has a fit if I buy more than 3 in one go LOL

As for Wichita Falls, wasn't former Bears CB Nate "The Interceptor" Vasher from there?

Also, sure I read something about the worlds smallest Skyscraper there too!

Good to read more about you bud!

Comment

That's an insane amount very nice displays though. Corvette great choice. Futurama is funny.

Comment

Nice to learn more about you, carslover... my wife and I passed through (around) Wichita Falls during a trip to Abilene in spring 2012.

I love how you display your loose Cars; my wife would probably like me to learn Cars organizational skills from you.

I have seen all 6 Star Wars movies - in the theater, on VHS, and DVD... I got the blu-ray collectors edition for Christmas a few years ago but haven't opened it yet.

And as keonisdad said, thanks for helping me out with Cars and Hot Wheels as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well this certainly explains your PCD ID!! Wowsers, you have quite the collection. Great to learn more about you!

Cac1959, you need to crack open the Star Wars blu-ray set and have a SW marathon!! Awesome set ... we have it too!

Comment

So since you work in distribution, do you understand Mattel's distribution habits? Or does it puzzle you as much as the rest of us?? LOL

Good read, good to know more about you...what games do you play on the 360? I have 2 360's(1 upstairs and 1 in the man cave) but dont play much, but might have to swap gamertags!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                    Nice to learn a little more about you carslover

You must have a HUGE storage space to have 1000+ cars still boxed up (in addition to the 1000+ opened ones)

5 Rips in one day... I'd settle for just the one!

Great choice on the Star Wars movies too - I'll agree that I liked them ALL too (*now prepares to be ridiculed)
                    thanks for your nice comments

it does not take up that much space, most of it fits in a closet

2DSCN2885.jpg2DSCN2895.jpg2DSCN2896.jpgDSCN0270.jpgDSCN2887.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
                      carslover, nice to learn something about you, lol. I feel very privileged that i have found a very fine friend in you. The only downside of carslover is : he owns so much more cars than i do, he has such an awesome display for all his stuff, he has the bigger car (Dodge RAM) . Thanks for being my friend (and for the endless stuff that you have send to me so far) and thanks for ignoring my bad english, lol.
                      thank you for being my friend as well

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                        Nothing wrong with liking all 6 Star Wars movies. I like the first 3 better because those are the ones we grew up with, but I think a lot of younger kids who grew up with the Prequels like those better. They also had a cool Clone Wars TV series to support that. All we had were some Marvel comic books and some Ewok movies. Good to learn more about you carslover.
                        thanks for your comments
                        the first 3 are better, but the effects are better in the last 3
                        I was 10 when the first movie came out and I still have all my star wars toys from then
                        they are all played with, maybe not worth much but I can't get rid of them

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                          Holy Shiite dude, 2000 cars? The missus has a fit if I buy more than 3 in one go LOL

As for Wichita Falls, wasn't former Bears CB Nate "The Interceptor" Vasher from there?

Also, sure I read something about the worlds smallest Skyscraper there too!

Good to read more about you bud!
                          thanks for you nice comments
                          I don't have a wife to keep me in check, so I buy what I want lol
                          I moved to Dallas when I was 6 so I don't recall the skyscraper or Nate

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post
                            That's an insane amount very nice displays though. Corvette great choice. Futurama is funny.
                            thanks for your nice comments

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                              Nice to learn more about you, carslover... my wife and I passed through (around) Wichita Falls during a trip to Abilene in spring 2012.

I love how you display your loose Cars; my wife would probably like me to learn Cars organizational skills from you.

I have seen all 6 Star Wars movies - in the theater, on VHS, and DVD... I got the blu-ray collectors edition for Christmas a few years ago but haven't opened it yet.

And as keonisdad said, thanks for helping me out with Cars and Hot Wheels as well.
                              thanks for your comments Chris
                              we moved from Wichita falls almost 40 years ago so it has changed quite a bit since then
                              we went for a visit about 10 years ago and I hardly recognized it
                              like you I saw all the movies in the theater and have them all on VHS and DVD
                              I have resisted changing to blu ray as I have 1500+ movies / series on DVD
                              and you are most welcome for the help getting cars for you
                              and if you do want help getting organized just ask

Comment

Working...
                              X