Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to Nathan's Playroom, John Andretti knows my name!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Nathan's Playroom, John Andretti knows my name!

Remember the line that Fred says in Cars, "Mario Andretti knows my name!"? If you don't, you probably haven't seen the movie... and if you haven't seen the movie, you probably don't collect Cars and don't check out PixarCarsDiecast.com... anyway, I digress.

As many of you know, Nathan's Playroom is an organization that's near and dear to me... I am on the board and have supported it for several years... Providing support to children with needs and sibling support to those children, the 501c non-profit charity provides services to children and their families that are welcome and needed... I've supported Nathan's Playroom back to their early days as Cars Cares.

I normally don't get the opportunity to support Nathan's Playroom events during the week, but last night I needed to go to Indianapolis to pick my wife up at the airport... I decided I'd go a little early and shop for Cars... and then I decided I'd go even earlier and go to the Orange Leaf (great frozen yogurt) in Avon (a suburb west of Indy) and support a Nathan's Playroom fund-raiser - not only was a toy drive going on, 20% of the evening's proceeds were being donated by Orange Leaf to Nathan's Playroom... A great event and a great opportunity for me to show my support... and from 6 to 8 PM last night, former race car driver John Andretti was at the event, meeting with people and signing autographs... Many thanks to John for posing in this picture and to indykjt for taking the picture:

John is on the left, in case you didn't know it... I'm on the right (in orange).

Not only was John there, his son Jarett was also with him; his son is also a racer.

John has driven in CART, Rolex, NASCAR, and IndyCar racers... he's currently retired from racing but very active in supporting the central Indiana community, including Nathan's Playroom.

And thanks to Nathan's Playroom... John Andretti knows my name! (like Fred with his license plate, I would need to be wearing a name tag with my name on it).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

pretty cool.

Comment

Great story and great place to support.

Comment

Nice one cac1959

Comment

Woah, congrats Chris!

Comment

Very very cool, but I'm more excited to see that someone else has my hairline!

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
              Very very cool, but I'm more excited to see that someone else has my hairline!
              John in Missouri... Would you like your hairline back?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great story & photo there Chris! Hope it was a successful evening for Nathan's Playroom.

Comment

great story Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X