Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Super Chase 2013

In chase of the Super Chase... 2013.

A Chase Car is supposed to be a fairly rare Car... Mattel introduced the concept of the Chase Car back toward the end of the World of Cars series with Lightning McQueen with Bumper Stickers and Fred with Bumper Stickers... originally limited to 1 per case, later cases might have included 2 of 1 Chase Car or 1 each of 2 Chase Cars or even more than that... The Super Chase Car takes that concept a little further - not every singles case was supposed to have a Super Chase Car... the 2012 Super Chase Cars were Flash (case G), Long Ge (case H), Frosty (packed 4 to a case in a case found only in Australia), and then Memo Rojas Jr and Russian Racer (2012 case P)... 5 World Grand Prix racers who appeared in the movie in certain countries... due to retailers canceling orders, every case contained the Super Chase... Frosty was found in stores in Australia... until recently the other Super Chase Cars were not found in stores - Flash was found at some Big Lots stores (I never found it but found remnants... a friend found a few and traded 2 to me)... A few stores in a few countries got in a few cases that contained Super Chase Cars.

I appreciated being able to order the Super Chase cases from PCD supporter JMDL Toys; there are times I enjoy being able to shop without leaving home... going on a long drive to Cars hunt is fine when you can find new stock... I find it frustrating when there are no new Cars, and I know I'm not the only one.

Mattel announced the Super Chase program would be returning in the 2013 cardback series... online resellers posted that they would be receiving these cases... I looked forward to ordering them... and then a funny (but not humorous) thing happened... they showed up at retail stores... online resellers were not receiving them... as of 8/15/13, 3 Super Chase Cars have been found at various stores in the US - Target, Walmart, and Toys R US... The 2013 Super Chase Cars appear in the Cars2 movie during the game show scene... In this episode of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at 3 Super Chase Cars - Yukio, Takeshi, and Hiroaki.

Yukio

Yukio first appeared at Target stores in Colorado... some of our PCD members actually found them in stores... later, they were found in California and Georgia and and other parts of the country... I received this one yesterday - it was an eBay purchase from a seller in Georgia.

Here's a closeup:

The helmet is certain large - much bigger than Acer's helmet from the Acer with Helmet from the Movie Moments.

Here's the back of the card - it shows Yukio and Hiroaki:

Yukio's UPC is: 7 46775 21457 9

Many thanks to Bubba101212 for sharing photos of his opened Super Chase Cars... Here's Yukio:

(Photo used by permission of Bubba101212... Many thanks, Bubba101212)

Hiroaki

Hiroaki is an interesting looking Car... wearing glasses... bright yellow paint... colorful hat.

Here's a closeup:

The cardback is the same as the Yukio cardback - only the UPCs are different.

Hiroaki appears to be found in the same case as a 3rd Super Chase that many of us didn't know anything about - Takeshi... Again, I'm not opening Hiroaki until I get another one - I'm hopeful I can order the case from JMDL Toys.

I received both Super Chases in the following photo from an eBay seller from California:

Hiroaki's UPC is: 7 46775 21458 6

Courtesy of Bubba101212, here are photos of Hiroaki freed from his plastic prison:

Takeshi

Takeshi appears to be in the same paint style as Kabuki Mater - white with red facial paint... as you can see in the above photo, Takeshi looks like it's based on the Cartney Brakin car body:

Here's Cartney - thank you for the great photos, Bubba101212:

There's a huge hat in Takeshi's blister:

Again, I currently only have one so I don't see myself opening it yet even though I think it will look much better wearing the hat.

Here's the Takeshi cardback - notice that it shows all 3 Super Chases:

Takeshi's UPC is 7 46775 21460 9

Courtesy of Bubba101212, here are photos of Takeshi:

In Conclusion

I'm not sure I agree with the concept of the Super Chase Cars... I think Cars should be available for anyone to purchase... I am grateful that we have friends in the Cars community who help others obtain Cars that we need... when I heard that Super Chase Frosty was only going to be available in Australia, I was not happy... we had PCD members as well as members of other sites step up to the garage and help out others... I hope these are available to order through JMDL; for $20 more than I paid for Takeshi and Hiroaki, I could get the entire case of 24 which contains many other Cars I do not have.

Many thanks Bubba101212 for allowing me to include his photos of his opened Super Chase Hiroaki, Takeshi, and Yukio.

If you don't have these Cars in your collection and want them, hopefully you'll get the opportunity to do so.

And look what I received in the mail today thanks to All4Mase:

I'm going to open the Takeshi on the right... what am I going to do with the one on the left? Stay tuned...

As always, I appreciate your comments... thanks for reading.

Chris
    Last edited by cac1959; 08-31-2013, 07:46 PM. Reason: Added photos

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I like these Super Chases a lot more than the 2012 Super Chases. A good reason might be because of how the cardback is so much nicer on the 2013 Super Chases than it was with the bland looking 2012 Super Chase cardbacks.

Great job on the article, Chris! These Super Chases really are Super.

Comment

you,d have to question mattels ethics here,
      the chances of these appearing in the uk are zero, of course I could be wrong, but I doubt it

Comment

If they apprear in various shops in the US they might show up across europe aswell...#hope #please

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

great article Chris
          i'm going to wait and hope I find some of these on the pegs before I have to do like you did lol

Comment

These super chase cars are really neat! I like them way better than the 2012 super chase cars, mostly because all the super chase cars last year were basically just Max Schnell with a different paint job and facial expression.. Mattel did a good job on these 3!

Comment

Must...find..cars...

:d

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

these characters are definitely unique, and I'm happy I at least have Yukio, but I agree with you that all the cars should be available to everyone, not just certain countries in certain quantities. :/ Thats just another way Mattel knows how to dig into the collectors wallet.
                "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Can you post the UPC for Hiroaki?

Comment

nevermind, just found it. 7 46775 21458 6

Comment

Added UPCs for all 3 Super Chase Cars (Yukio, Hiroaki, and Takeshi).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Added photos of opened Super Chase Yukio, Hiroaki, and Takeshi - many thanks, Bubba101212!

Comment

Finally got me a set thanks to Eli!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I have yet to see a Super Chase Car in stores.
                            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
                              I have yet to see a Super Chase Car in stores.
                              I've never seen a Super Chase in a store either... fortunately, between friends who have found the 2013 Super Chase Cars in stores and helped me out, and PCD supporter JMDL Toys, I have them all.

I still don't like the Super Chase concept... too many people buy them just to try to make big money on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X