Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the sound!

Hi everybody,

I can need some help! In the Netherlands, we have a national competition. You can win 17.000 euro if you guess "the sound". A radio station in the Netherlands has recorderd a sound and it is the challenge to guess what creates the sound. Everytime if someone guessed wrong, the amount of money that you can win is increased. So now, the amount of money to win is over 17.000 euro!! It started with 2500 euro!

Now, I have tried to figure out what it is. But, I can always use help I was thinking about a orange press/juicer. Because all the other options that I had are already named and those guesses were wrong!

Here is a link to the sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVXtZ8R8w4M

Curious to read your answers! There is a long list on the internet with the wrong guesses of people (it is in Dutch so I can not post it here). If I win, I will donate cars for a next competition on the PCD forum haha.. probably winning this competition will only happen in my dreams but you will never know

Thanks!

Turnstile? Those things that rotate when you walk through it? Underground security etc?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnstile

Has that already been suggested? The more I hear it the more I think it's that so can't suggest anything else! Lol!

Good luck! Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
      Turnstile? Those things that rotate when you walk through it? Underground security etc?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnstile

Has that already been suggested? The more I hear it the more I think it's that so can't suggest anything else! Lol!

Good luck! Xx
      As far as I know it is not suggested yet! Thanks! Something to think about.

Comment

How many guesses can you make? It's annoying me now! I want to know what it is! Lol!

Comment

There's a radio station here in the UK that also runs a similar competition, but you have to guess celebrities saying a word. They play three words and you have to come up with a celeb who you think is saying it. I think the last one they ran the top prize for guessing all three was about Ł100,000

It's a very strange sound, I will keep listening to it but as yet I'm stumped lol Wonder how long the wait will be till its revealed what the sound is ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
            How many guesses can you make? It's annoying me now! I want to know what it is! Lol!
            Only once! You have to send a txt message with your name, then hopefully you get a call back and then you have to say your guess. It is already hard to get called back, as they only call back a small group of people per day.

The sound can drive you crazy. I have listened many times already and tried several stuff. I do not know when they will reveal the sound carscrazy

Comment

Sounds like an exercise machine with weights maybe....
              Reminded me of when I was in physical rehabilitation.

Comment

it's a crazy game! I like it!
                My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Is it a typewriter?

Comment

Originally posted by J Las View Post
                    Is it a typewriter?
                    No sadly it is not. That has been already guessed. The sound is now worth: 34800 euro! It is still not guessed. It is about time to send a text message myself haha! The exercise machine is not mentioned yet as far as I know. I am looking at the list of wrong guesses right now, but can not find it.

Any more great ideas?

Comment

Wow this competition is still going! That's a nice jackpot to win if you get the correct answer

Comment

Come on, turnstile, do it! Lol!

€34,000! Nice!

Comment

Working...
                        X