New minor characters - diecasts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New minor characters - diecasts?

Aside from Arturo (Italian racer) which I think has been released or soon to be as a tent/pitty set, there are another 3 characters - 2 racers, 1 Propwash Junctionite, that appeared briefly in the film and might make it as diecasts at some point.

Kolya Ivanov - Russian high altitude racer, he is different to the superchase-like Russian version of Rochelle as he's in the English language version of the movie.

Sun Wing - Chinese biplane (similar to Leadbottom) racer, also in the English language movie.

And last but not least (and a must-make diecast IMO) is Mayday - the old fire truck with Michael Caine-style rims. Suspect he'll have a much bigger role in the sequel given the title is "Fire & Rescue"!

you are forgetting Lofty Crofty and Colin Cowling Enz!

Not to mention the plethora of pittys, be it in the many bars or taverns around the world, the WatG pitty and the Flysinhower pittys.

Then theres Skippers squadron, Tibetan Monk Pittys, the steam train in the Himalayas, the little mexican pitty band when El Chu is wooing Rochelle,

Jeez, you could go on and on and on.......

With regards to Rochelle's many paintjobs....As part of a localization effort, Rochelle changes nationality and paint job in 11 countries. Also, in the new trailer, we see Dusty telling El Chupacabra, "That's Rochelle, the Australian rally champ." Most likely, this line will be different in every country.

As for the sequel including Mayday (who definitely should see a release imo) it seems not as the official synopsis reads:

"Planes: Fire & Rescue features a quirky crew of elite firefighting aircraft devoted to protecting historic Piston Peak National Park from a raging wildfire. When world famous air racer Dusty learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he must shift gears and is launched into the world of wildfire air attack. Dusty joins forces with veteran fire and rescue helicopter Blade Ranger and his courageous air attack team, including spirited super scooper Lil Dipper, heavy-lift helicopter Windlifter, ex-military transport Cabbie and a lively bunch of brave all-terrain vehicles known as The Smokejumpers. Together, the fearless team battles a massive wildfire, and Dusty learns what it takes to become a true hero"

Courtesy of Wikipedia

Comment

have the planes diecasts done well enough to warrant a major new wave?

Comment

Ah of course I'd love the Tibetan monks and Navy pitties (especially the yellow landing deck guy) but sadly seems Mattel has no love for pitties these days, preferring racers or other planes with little relevance (Leadbottom).

Will be interesting to see what the next wave of diecasts are, other than the missing Echo and Hector (the DS versions are superb though). And a proper Dwight Flysenhower carrier (like DS combat ship) would be great too.

Comment

read in british airways highlife mag that planes is a trilogy
          so its
          planes,
          fire and rescue,
          so does anyone know the third one?

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
            so its
            planes,
            fire and rescue,
            I too heard about it being a trilogy, but I don't know that I follow the, Planes, Fire & Rescue... I mean wouldn't it just be Planes, Planes 2, Planes 3 when they say trilogy? Or are you trying to make a connection between Mater's Tall Tales here?

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
              so its
              planes,
              fire and rescue,
              Probably only John Lasseter at this point. I read that Disney cranked out Planes in just 12 months, so it's not as if they need to disclose anything too far ahead right now.

Comment

It was planned as a 3 film arc so presumably they have some sort of rough story board spanning the movies.

Lassiter also said that he would like to do boats and trains too!

Then I bet, a la Marvels avengers assemble movie, they will have lightning, mater, dusty and all the other leads come together in a race....to SAVE MANKIND/CARKIND/PLANEKIND/TRAINKIND/BOATKIND (delete as appropriate lol)
                Last edited by Bombom77; 09-15-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Trains?, Boats?, when does it stop - Hoovers, Microwaves, Toasters? - Oh what the hell - We will buy them all anyway!

Comment

Working...
                  X