Turbo - the snail/car movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo - the snail/car movie

I know it got a summer release in the US but its only just opening here in the UK in the next few weeks.

So I was curious if anyone had been, or was dragged to see it and what they thought of it. I got the sense that it didn't exactly set the box office alight or make the studio's accountants ecstatic - and we all know the toys went down like plastic dog poo.

But then Planes got a mauling but still was very enjoyable. So curious how Turbo compares. My 3 year old LOVED Planes and the whole (first time, awww) experience of going to the cinema so naturally I'm thinking about a follow-up trip next month. From the trailer, it certainly looks like he'd find it a lot of fun.

Oh and is the 3D version worth it? I found it in Planes to really add that depth to the experience particularly the flying sequences. On a racing snail though? Hmmm.

My 6 year old daughter and almost 3 year old son both enjoyed it. We didn't do 3D because my daughter doesn't like to wear the glasses.

I certainly did not find it to be the most stimulating movie of the year, but I was entertained enough to recommend to take the kids.

Comment

I downloaded it months ago. Its not too bad, all things considered and has a few comedic moments. Not sure its worth the price of admission at cinema but id deffo rent it when it gets to DVD bud

Comment

My nephew is a typical boy and loves snails lol whenever he sees one he just has to pick it up.

Only noticed a preview on youtube of Turbo the other day and thought straight away he will like it. Expect we will wait till dvd rather then paying cinema rates.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Given the fact it's out on R1 DVD in early Nov, I might hang fire.

Comment

Its available on torrent sites in decent quality now bud! lol No need to wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
              Its available on torrent sites in decent quality now bud! lol No need to wait!
              I recognize the temptation :P I will go see Turbo for sure. I love the cinema I will go with my friends. Turbo & Planes will be in cinemas next week here in the Netherlands! Finally! Me and my friends, all grown ups, are going to see the movie :P We just love Disney.

Comment

I imagine I'll rent Turbo - the previews that I saw on an Indianapolis channel during their newscast seemed OK.

Playing with snails just doesn't appeal to me.

For those of you who download files on torrent sites... be careful... just because a file says it is a movie or a song or a video doesn't mean that it is... I can't tell you how many computers I've had to rebuild (install operating system and software) over the years because someone downloaded files that turned out to be viruses... and people have been sued by the RIAA and other companies.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well, we went to see it on impulse this afternoon, kind of the perfect day weather-wise.

And I have to say both of us - the 3-something and 30-something - really enjoyed it. As a film, it hangs together much better than the trailers suggest. Lots of subtle humour, the Indy racing elements were great, and it has some quality voice talent. It's a better film than Planes in many respects and the 3D was perfect, especially the "snail-view" perspective.

Comment

I watched it a few days ago and thought it was pretty good, a lot better than Planes. I'd watch it a few more times, it has some funny parts and adult jokes. I thought the tuner cars were a little too similar to the Cars tuners.

Comment

Working...
                    X