Respect the Classics: Uncle Topolino's Band

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Uncle Topolino's Band

It's not every day that a brand new Cars item that hasn't been found in very many stores is considered a classic... but in the case of Uncle Topolino's Band, I think we have a classic... actually 4 of them... Maybe it's because I've never met a pitty I didn't like and I've got a musical background... but from the moment I first saw Uncle Topolino's Band in Cars2 I just knew I had to have them... and the band is now here... Uncle Topolino's Band, that is... And unlike the last case of Movie Moments from the 2012 series that never appeared in the US, we don't have to worry about this case not appearing in the US... it's here at resellers now... and I think we'll find it in stores fairly soon... in this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll look at Uncle Topolino's Band.

When Uncle Topolino's Band was announced, we didn't want to wait... but we had to... and the wait kept getting longer and longer... I know many of us thought they'd appear in a Target 4 pack at $20.00, but then we heard they'd be released in the Movie Moments series... and many of us figured they'd be released in two 2-packs... but the good news is our wait is over... and they are all released in one Movie Moments... 4 new Cars in 1 pack... pinch me, Guido... I am happy.

The new Movie Moments first appeared in Asia on a limited basis... last month they appeared in a few stores in Canada... My friend Conrad was able to help me out with one of each... and last week the US version of case E (Y0506-999E) shipped from resellers to customers... today I received some Movie Moments from bobbyjack... the production code on the case is 2343 EAA (photo coming).

Here is Uncle Topolino's Band on both US and international cardback:

Here's the US version:

Here's the international version:

Here are the back of the cards:

Notice that the international version shows just the Cars in this Movie Moments:

Notice that the US version shows 8 Cars in the Festival Italiano series:

I wonder which of the 4 members of Uncle Topolino's Band is my favorite? Let's look...

Here they are:

Here's the Tuba player:

The tuba player might be my favorite because I played trombone in band in elementary school and junior high... and a tuba is a brass instrument just like a trombone is.

Here's the accordian player:

The accordian player might be my favorite because while I've never played an accordian, my Casio keyboard is able to sound like an accordian if I push the button.

Here's the banjo player:

The banjo player might be my favorite because while I've never play a banjo, I do have and play a guitar... both are stringed instruments... and my Casio keyboard also does have the ability to sound like a banjo if I push the button... And everyone likes the guitar players.

Here's the drummer:

The drummer might be my favorite... I've never played real drums... I tried playing the drum set in the Rock Band video game series but didn't really do a good job of it... but everyone likes the drummer.

In Conclusion

So which one of the 4 is my favorite? It's probably the orange one.

Which one is your favorite? Let us know in your reply... or in a new poll that I'm getting ready to create.

This concludes this installment of Respect the Classics... as always, thanks for reading and I appreciate your comments.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great article Chris
    I agree this is already a classic and it is just now getting out there lol

Comment

this band is awesome! Nice article!
      My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

I love the band. As long as my display is up, they can always jam on the roof of Casa Della Tires...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great article!
          RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Great article! These look so cool in the photos

Comment

Nice article! My favorite pitty is the orange one. The tuba that he is playing is pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
              X