Speedway of the south set wanted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedway of the south set wanted.

Hello has anyone got the speedway of the south set for sale how much please,many thanks the king

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...item1c382fd9f9

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Moved to Classifieds, Wanted, sub-forum.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

3350.00 is ridiculous for a set. You should be able to find them for 2000 pretty easily.

Comment

Keep checking Ebay UK. They do occasionally pop up on there, Last recent one sold for Ł800 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Yeah that was a very good price
            I got mine from the US and it cost more than that

Comment

I may be tempted to part with my speedway of the south set for the right price!

Comment

Originally posted by TopherDawg View Post
                3350.00 is ridiculous for a set. You should be able to find them for 2000 pretty easily.

$2,000 would be ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                  $2,000 would be ridiculous!
                  There is a set also on eBay for $2,000, however set has been displayed and display case is broken!

Comment

Originally posted by Last9 View Post
                    There is a set also on eBay for $2,000, however set has been displayed and display case is broken!
                    if you consider paying that much for an open set
                    request extra pictures to make sure the cars are the right ones especially the apple and tachomint

Comment

in summer of 2012 they were regularly selling for $1500 a set. Then prices dipped to between $1000-$1200 around xmas last year and have stayed pretty much around there. So I would look for one in the $1000-$1500 price range.

Comment

Here's my take on it:

• the RLC letter, hologram sticker, and the inner & outer packaging are worth around $200 to $300
                        • a true Apple iCar is worth about $800
                        • in spite of the availability of the Kmart release of Tach-O-Mint with Synthetic Rubber Tires, the one from this set with plastic tires is still worth anywhere from $200 to $300
                        • the other 34 Cars -- no matter what anyone says about their exquisiteness -- are really just throw-in's at this point and are worth $0

So the most you should pay is $1,200 to $1,400.

BUT, as anyone with a right mind knows, the sum of the parts is always greater than the whole, so I'm with Popemobile: $1,000 to $1,200 for a set is what I would expect.

Comment

and this is the main reason why they will NEVER release an iCar as a single, be it PT or RT. They cannot allow someone to create their own set from singles/multipack sets.

If they did (and PT Tachomint as well I suppose) it would totally devalue the set to the point that, dare I say it, brings it back to its original sale price.

If you were one of the ones that purchased at inflated price, how impressed would you (not) be!

Then, the RLC letter and hologram sticker are literally not worth the paper they are printed on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                            and this is the main reason why they will NEVER release an iCar as a single, be it PT or RT. They cannot allow someone to create their own set from singles/multipack sets.

If they did (and PT Tachomint as well I suppose) it would totally devalue the set to the point that, dare I say it, brings it back to its original sale price.

If you were one of the ones that purchased at inflated price, how impressed would you (not) be!

Then, the RLC letter and hologram sticker are literally not worth the paper they are printed on.

That would really be about the 25th reason why the iCar may not be released again, with the Top 20 reasons all involving Apple's lawyers.

Comment

LOL i didnt realise Mattel were owned by Samsung

Comment

Working...
                              X