Respect the Classics: RS John Lassetire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: RS John Lassetire

When is a Cars pickup truck more than just a pickup truck? When it's Radiator Springs John Lassetire... RS John Lassetire makes a cameo appearance in Cars 2... but when we learned he'd be part of the Kmart 10 Cars Collector Event as a mail-in promo we were excited... And a similar version with a surf board just came out as a Disney Store Chase Car... John Lassetire is a character that pays tribute to John Lasseter, the director of Cars, Cars2, and other Pixar movies... In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at RS John Lassetire.

Here's the Disney Store version with the Kmart mail in promo:

Here's the Mattel version in front of the back of the Disney Store version:

Looks pretty good from the side in this closeup:

Can you read the license plate number?

Surf's Up! Hey, where's my surf board? The Mattel RS John Lassetire wants to know.

The Disney Store Chase version has a surf board... and fancy design where I've got wood:

I am RS John Lassetire, and I approved this message.

Looks quite a bit different from the original version which appeared in a Movie Moment as Jeff Gorvette's crew chief... I still wish the version of John Lassetire in the Director's Edition of Cars would have been an upgrade over the original... and while I wish I would have been able to have gotten one of the red JL Surfer trucks, it didn't happen.

Thanks for reading... or at least looking at the pictures... as always, I appreciate your comments.

P.S. - Thanks for the suggestion on using an IKEA glass dresser top for using in photos... I picked up both the small and large size at IKEA on Saturday... I like how it reflects when on top of a black piece of foam board... I'll add the part numbers for those of you who might want to order one.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Another nicely done article, Chris!

Comment

Great article and excellent pics Chris! The DS version certainly does tower over the Mattel version!

Comment

Cool car and cool pics
        My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

Great article!! Cool photos

Comment

I like the mirror effect that the glass has on the car. Great job.
            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Nice review. Thanks.

Comment

nice article Chris
                I still don't like the DS version
                I find it funny that the wheels on both of them are approximately the same size

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                  nice article Chris
                  I haven't seen a Mattel one for real (only photos), but after having a good look at a DS one at the weekend I also think the Mattel one looks better.. I'm still suprised I left the DS one in the store but I would rather put the money towards a Mattel one someday

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                    nice article Chris
                    I think his eyes are little too big.
                    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
                      I think his eyes are little too big.
                      the ds version has the creepy eyes that a lot of people don't like

Comment

I haven't seen one person mention anything about how even the bed of the Mattel RS John is part of the Die-cast body. As far I know all other trucks other than the original versions of Mater and Brand new Mater ( Brand new was upgraded this year back to the original all metal body) are plastic. He's so heavy!!

I'm still convinced he's a single a Deluxe size card. There is no "Deluxe" snipe on the front or back of the card while Muggsy does. Anyways, RS JL is one of my all time favorite cars now! (Muggsys up there too)

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

which is the bigger?
                          lassetires ego or his waistline

Comment

Making a day of reading these awesome articles on our snow day!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

How limited is the red JL Surfer Truck?
                              RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Working...
                              X