6 nations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 nations

good start for the boys today, bring on wales next week, glad england got beat yesterday, no offence to those on site, but we wouldnt have heard the end of that , would we now

excellent result for you guys yesterday,showing good form,more than what could be said for the welsh game on Saturday,but then again they are usually slow to get off the mark.
    next week's match should be a good un,and I think the winner of that game will go on to win the championship,whoever it may be.

Comment

yep , djjd21, it was a good game , wasnt it! you boyyos got a trouncing

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
        good start for the boys today, bring on wales next week, glad england got beat yesterday, no offence to those on site, but we wouldnt have heard the end of that , would we now
        No offence taken. It looks to be quite an open Six Nations this season, with France, Ireland, England, Ireland or Wales in with a chance.

The real test is against the Southern Hemisphere nations and rarely, if ever do the Northern Hemisphere sides excel.

On the issue of bragging rights, England are the only Northern Hemisphere Rugby World Cup winners so far, back in 2003 (sorry to remind you). That said, with the exception of some of the national (snooze)papers, you'd be forgiven for thinking it never happened. Many English and British people have been accustomed to failure and winning is either greeted with embarrassment or anger. For decades the pc brigade have pedalled the notion that it's better to take part than winning as no one is better than anyone else and damage is caused by some people feeling inferior!

I work for a County Council. The biggest department is Education (incl. schools) with Social Services (as a fully integrated department) being the second biggest. I had the misfortune to be based in a building of about 650 staff, with the exception of a handful of Highways staff, about 95% of the staff worked in Social Services peddling this pc rubbish! Apart from the admin staff and some teams, who were quite friendly, most of the Social Workers were truly horrible people. It was a great day to move offices.

Back to the first point. As a proud Englishman I natually celebrated England's Rugby World Cup, not excessively, as one has to move on. The pc brigade at work were not happy and gave me a few pc lectures! Even the excuse that someone has to win and it's was England's turn wasn't a good enough reason and thought's should've been spared for those who either didn't qualify or those who were on the back end beatings!

Is it any wonder why England doesn't celebrate St. George's Day when we have more than our fair share of lunatics and the pc brigade?

I think celebrating your heritage is good. I thank our friends from Ireland, Scotland and Wales for continuing to celebrate their national days and certainly all my Irish friends for celebrating St. George's Day with me and showing most the rest of England up for being so soft and defeatist in the face of severe pc-ism!

P.S. I proudly fly the flag of St. George and the Union Flag too. It was a truly great moment in Cork last July seeing the flag of St. George flying alongside the Irish flag! Long may their remain healthy rivalry and friendship between the English and Celtic nations!

Comment

well said

Comment

Working...
          X