Our other hobby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our other hobby

Like i have told in my collections topic, me and my wife have started about 8 month's ago
    with a common hobby .
    It started last summer on our annual holiday in Croatia .
    A good friend of ours brought his speedboat and of course we sail along a few times.
    it's a great feeling to go over the waves and we were immediately fell in love .
    Returned home , we were a bit of an empty feeling and we knew what we had to do ..
    Because a new boat is way too expensive we went looking for a renovation project .
    After some searching , we ended up with a 40 year old glastron Gt160 , and after a trial run , we were both convinced ...
    He still ran well with its mercury thunder bold inline six cylinder two stroke engine with 115 horsepower .... the sound is incredible ...
    But there was a lot of work .. photos below show what has been done in the meantime , but first a word of explanation .
    The bottom should be updated and painted back again before I have special marine coating 2 component paint.
    The upperpaint was dull and i re-polished it by hand and put in the wax .
    Because the seats and wood were really in bad shape , my wonderful wife ( who is a fashion teacher )made new patterns from the old one's an made new one's of water resistant leather and lined completely all over again .
    The wood and the new mousse I've remade and finished afterwards the seats ( not professional, but the result is not bad ) .
    The rear was originally one piece, so I have now an extra storage space...
    Because original parts are impossible to find over here and way to expencive to buy on line, we have to improvise a bit, as an example the decals ... because I could not find them new and to expencive to order them from a professional factory, I took them off and put the new name of our boat, "alana" instead..
    Im still looking and hoping to find one day the original round GT emblem at the from of the boat....
    Also i I had to go back to make the wiring of the lights and now have LED lights.
    The fuel tank is back to its original position, but with an additional opening for refueling.

Meanwhile, we already sail, and he is fast .... not comparable to new boats, but 49 miles per hour is not bad at allb on water and the 6 in line is so fast at this speed...especially when you know that the total weight of boat + engine is not more than 1032 lbs, and like i have said, he's 40 years old....
    My kids love it, i love it and my wife also, and we have no experience what so ever with this, so we are a little bit proud of ourselves so that the most important for me...
    Hope you guy's like the pics....

Was....

the work..

The result

A little video from out very first trip
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...type=2&theater
    Last edited by coolpappa04; 05-08-2014, 11:23 PM.

Very impressive!

Comment

very nice work
      looks great

Comment

superb project my friend

great photos and a lot of hard work and effort has definitely paid off

hope you enjoy your time going out in it.

Comment

thanks guy's for the kind words, hope the wheater will be beter soon because right now it's very cold and a lot of rain....

Comment

Working...
          X