Winter Wonderland 2014/2015 edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Wonderland 2014/2015 edition

Well...it's officially started. Although it didn't stick around and there wasn't much.

wishing it was over already

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

You and me both, Decepticog72283... we've had flurries... it's been cold the last 3 days and will be 10 to 30 degrees below normal for the next 10 days... and winter doesn't even start for another 5 weeks or so!

Thanks for starting up the Winter 2014/15 thread.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

It's quite depressing really lol. And from what I've been reading they a are expecting this winter to be just as harsh, if not worse, then last years. Well for around here anyways...i imagine you too as you're not really that far from here.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Southeastern Pennsylvania got less than an inch on Thursday night into Friday morning. This was about 10 or 11 pm Thursday. Nothing terrible and it all melted away quickly, but once the first snow falls, there's no going back.

Comment

There's a winter weather advisory for central Indiana from 7 pm Sunday until 9 am Monday... 5 weeks before winter gets here.

The good news is I have a much smaller driveway to shovel in our new house than in our old one... and work is 2 miles away (1.25 miles if I walk) if I don't go to Meijer first.

Update: they've extended the winter weather advisory for our area to be from 7 pm Sunday until 12 noon on Monday; they've increased the snowfall estimate to be 3 to 5 inches... time to find my hiking boots and snow shovel.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

You're absolutely right Bumper Save... There is no going back

Chris, we are also in a winter weather advisory. Looks like we are expecting about 8" of snow today. Probably won't happen though...well that's me hoping anyways lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

well...I guess my hopes from the previous post aren't going too well.

thats about 2 inches of snow so far and still snowing

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Nothing too bad up by me...yet.

Comment

That's bad news about Indiana's weather advisory, Chris - your weather reports are usually a signal for what's coming towards us in PA

Comment

I took these photos just before midnight last night using my new iPhone... we had 2 inches of snow on the ground when I took them and ended up with 3 inches this morning...

I think our 2 tomato plants and pepper plant are probably done for the season:

I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter... especially considering it doesn't even start for over 5 weeks.

Comment

I can't believe how much snow has fallen when Winter hasn't even started!
                      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Buffalo is under yards of snow and we had a comfortable spring-like day today, 70 degrees here in PA. Snow forecasted for Wednesday and Thursday. A friend who works in radio news says they're downplaying the storm so it doesn't effect tourism dollars in NYC and Philly. So I'm not sure what to expect with that.

Comment

We had our biggest snowfall of the season overnight last night and through mid afternoon today... around 6.5 inches total.

I shoveled the driveway 3 different times... and put down some salt to melt some of the ice while the temperature was close to 30:

Our cars are in the garage...

Our mailbox is not normally this close to the ground, but the city plowed:

View out one side of the screened-in 3 seasons room:

Another view - the trees look pretty with snow on them:

I swept the back deck several times today for Holley and Koda (not my dog)... won't be using the glider for awhile:

Comment

nice pictures Chris! We've had lots of snow up here...but unfortunately it's been so bloody cold the children havent had much of a chance to enjoy it. Most of last week was between -30 and -37 degrees Celsius (that averages out to about -22 to -34 Farenheit). Not an enjoyable winter

Transformers for Trade

Comment

6.5 inches of fresh snow overnight... church services canceled today... we are under a winter storm warning until 10 pm tonight... Come on, spring!

Comment

Working...
                              X