Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook suspended my toyfountain id because toyfountain is not my real name. LOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook suspended my toyfountain id because toyfountain is not my real name. LOL

As much as I liked it on Facebook, I don't think I would ever give it my real name for all to see. I don't think this would be secure to share pics of a collection and have anyone be able to search my address with my real name. There's already been one person that got robbed a few years ago from what I've read on CTT. I don't care to risk being the second person. Only persons I'm doing a trade with need to know my real name and address, not everyone on Facebook.

LOL, that's stupid, that's why I use fake information on some of my social media accounts.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Wow... I was wondering why I hadn't seen you on Facebook recently, toyfountain...

I fully understand and support your decision not to post real information on Facebook... too many people post too much that others don't need to know and there are people who take advantage of knowing that information.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

It's only Facebook. It's not something essential in life. I've never posted pics of my children, talked about my colleagues at work, my occupation, my address and my name. If they want to lose members for this, its their sandbox, but for a guy that went to university, MZ made a pretty discussable decision. It's not like in today's internet you can't be traced back if you act stupidly.

Looks like I'll be more active on CTT and here from now on.

Comment

I don't use Facebook either. The few social media sites I use specialize in the stuff I'm interested in. I don't give out my personal information on any of them except through PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Just use your first name and user name as last and dont post personal info...problem solved

Comment

I occasionally exhibit some antisocial tendencies. So socially networking just for the sake of it has never interested me. I save that sort of wishy washy sentimentality. And lukewarm interest for high school reunions and/or weddings & such.

Comment

Well if you friend the people you are actually friends and family with then why is there a need to hide behind a username? It doesn't bother me knowing that my sister, cousins, best man, etc know my name. That's what the privacy settings are for - you would never set your profile to the 'world' - that would be crazy. I also don't accept friend invites from people I do not know. I also don't 'overshare' - not that I believe my friends and family will use that info for nefarious purposes but more so in that some stuff is private and only for those that live in my house. Too many people slobber their love for their spouse and kids everyday and it's nauseating. And I really could care less what my sister had for dinner ya know.

Comment

I use my middle name instead of last, changed the birthdate, don't normally use my pic for profile. Also most of my friends list I know in person, where they live, or I have a few from the Cars community that I've known for a long time as a trading partner and a friend. I only have 76 people, if I go over 100 I delete those that I haven't talked to or interacted with within 6 months. Plus having the security locked down.

I also have another account for work for marketing, industry research, etc so it doesn't bog down my profile.

Comment

Despite being from the proper generation I never got into Facebook. I use Twitter very much but it is a different setup there - no place for a birthday etc. to be added to your profile. I have my full name on my profile and in my @ handle but all you really could find out is that I love NASCAR too much and what town I live in. I'm not on private on there - I think it defeats the purpose IMO. Plus at my age colleges etc. will look up your social media etc. with your admissions and being on private gives off the idea that you have something (probably from last Friday night) to hide. It's just a matter of what you post.

Comment

being on this site is as close as I get to social media

Comment

I wasn't much on Facebook until Peter McQueen set up a PCD Facebook group... I've picked up a lot of good information there as well as shared information with others... and Cars information I've picked up on Facebook I've posted here.

Used properly, it is an excellent tool... used improperly it can cause problems - just like anything.

I do not accept every "friend" request on Facebook or on the PCD website - I don't share my cell phone number with everyone and I don't even know my current land line number - we don't use it... I never post that I'm going on vacation or am vacation - I may post about it after I get home... I met up with Raginpage a couple of weeks ago but didn't post about it until the next day as I wanted to be sure that he and his family had returned home from their vacation.

As Bumper Save said quite well - "it's just a matter of what you post" - if you're not sure if you should post something or not, then you shouldn't post it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Everyone has their own comfort level for what they feel like sharing on social media. As Chris says, "Used properly, it is an excellent tool... used improperly it can cause problems - just like anything."

I have no problem posting stuff on FB, but I do have my privacy settings on lockdown so it is just my friends list seeing it. Even within my list, I have a few folks who can't see everything. My Dad was the high school principal for 20 years in my little hometown, so I get some friend requests from people who remember me as a kid but whose names I might not quite recognize. I also get some requests from folks younger than me, who remember me as the lifeguard at the pool for a few summers. Those folks don't get to see everything. And I usually hide from my newsfeed those who get on their political and/or religious soapboxes a bit too often, because my main goal on FB is to just have some fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X