Respect the Classics: My Name is Not Chuck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: My Name is Not Chuck

One of my favorite characters in Cars was Lightning McQueen's first pitty(s), My Name is Not Chuck... At the beginning of the movie, McQueen had an attitude... he thought only of himself... he didn't treat his crew, which consisted of only pittys, right...He called the pitty Chuck - the pitty didn't like it... "My name is not Chuck", the pitty said... and with that he quit... and the rest of the McQueen pittys left too.

In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at My Name is Not Chuck.

World of Cars My Name is Not Chuck

My Name is Not Chuck appeared as a single back in the World of Cars series... I have both US and International versions.

I have US versions that contain a New snipe and do not contain a New snipe... and I also have the variant toolbox versions... the 95 is on the back of the toolbox in one variant, and the 95 appears on both ends of the toolbox in the other variant.

And as you can see in the next photo, I have 2 different International versions - 1 has the name in 4 languages, and the other has it in 10 languages.

The pictures of the WOC carded releases were taken back in the Spring of 2011; the singles are currently in one of the boxes in my Cars room... when I find them I will take some additional pictures.

Team Rust-eze

My Name is Not Chuck also appeared in the Race o Rama (ROR) Team Rust-Eze 3 pack along with Lightning McQueen (without Rusteze on the spoiler) and Mack Hauler... I believe this was a Target exclusive boxed set originally priced around $19.99 that turned out to be another product line that Mattel and Target started but did not finish... the other released Team sets included Team HTB, Team Dinoco, Team Leak Less, Team Octane Gain, Team Nitroade, and Team Bumper Save... after Target dropped the product line some of the Team sets from the last case appeared at Big Lots as closeout items priced at $14.99...

Here's a close-up of My Name is Not Chuck in the 3 pack:

This picture shows both the WOC version on the left and the 2015 version on the right as well as the UPC and production code from the Team Rust-eze boxed set:

UPC is 27084733501... the production code is 2918EA, which meant it was on the 291st day of 2008.

2015 My Name is Not Chuck

It took a long time for My Name is Not Chuck to be re-released... almost 7 years, to be exact... and this may not be My Name is Not Chuck... or maybe it is Chuck... because there are several differences between the 2015 My Name is Not Chuck and the previously released My Name is Not Chuck... Thanks to Toyfountain, earlier in 2015 we learned that My Name is Not Chuck would be released as a single... One day they were available to purchase on Amazon.com as an add-on at $5.99 each - I picked up a few... Here's a closeup in the blister:

And here's the back of the card:

So what differences are there between the versions of My Name is Not Chuck? Let's take a look at some pictures of the opened versions.

Here's the WOC version:

The production code is 3197EA:

Here's the WOC version:

Here's the 2015 version:

WOC version on the left, 2015 version on the right:

WOC version on the left, 2015 version on the right:

Here are the 2 toolboxes:

(WOC on left, 2015 on right)

Here are the tires (WOC on the left, 2015 on the right):

So how many differences between the 2 versions of My Name is Not Chuck do you see?

In Conclusion

I was glad to see that My Name is Not Chuck was going to be re-released; even though I had it, many newer collectors did not... and the fact that it contained multiple differences made it a new Car as far as this long time collector was concerned.

If you missed the 2015 version, it is back on Amazon as an add-on item at $5.99... That isn't cheap, but with a Prime membership shipping is free - and you could buy 5 My Name is Not Chuck at once to get your total purchase price up to the $25 minimum required for add-on items.

I do think this will show up in stores fairly soon... and PCD supporter Get Me Collectibles should hopefully have this case to order soon as well.

I wish we'd have seen a boxed set with Lightning McQueen and 3 of the Rust-Eze pittys released... but that was yet another product that Mattel and Target didn't finish... and that happened a lot.

That wraps up this installment of Respect the Classics... As always, thank you for reading... I appreciate your comments.

My name is not Chuck... It's Chris, cac1959.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Interesting read and great pictures. I like finding differences between old and new releases, the more obvious on this one are the tyres stacks and his eyes. I hadn't previously spotted the 95 logo on the tool box in different places before this but I only have one WOC version so that is why! I will certainly be picking up a 2015 version when available in the shops. Nice!

Comment

Great article!
      Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Interesting article! Great job!
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Chris, thanks for the review. Very informative.

Comment

Working...
          X