Severe weather update: 3/2/12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe weather update: 3/2/12

As many of you have seen or heard on the news, parts of the US were affected by severe storms with devastating tornadoes last Friday, March 2... southern Indiana was particularly hard hit... Marysville, a town of 1900 was completely leveled - it's gone... Homes, schools, and businesses are gone... in one instance, a family with 2 21 year old parents and 3 small children age 2 and under were all killed...

I'm about 100 miles as the crow flies from the hardest hit areas.

We had a short severe storm with ping pong ball sized hail and torrential rain... I was driving on the highway doing last minute errands for our son's wedding which was March 3... I had to pull off the road it was so bad... when I got to the church, I noticed my car had dents from the hail... but I consider myself lucky and blessed because many other people in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and other states lost everything, including loved ones.

Please keep those impacted by these severe storms in your thoughts and prayers... and be sure to tell loved ones in your life that you love them... life is short and it can disappear in the blink of an eye.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

And in the UK we moan and complain about our weather...!!! We're so lucky that we don't really get natural disasters here

I hope everyone I know in the US is fine and has avoided the worst of things...

Comment

Working...
    X