Learning to ride a bicycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to ride a bicycle

I had good intentions last night about chatting with others in the Chat Room after I got home from work... life changed that... and in a good way...

Our 9 year old grandson had worked really hard to get his Spiderman bicycle out of the barn so he could try to ride it... he'd never been able to ride a bike without training wheels before... last night, for the first time ever, he did... My wife recorded it so his father could see it... his Mom and 2 sisters were at the house too, cheering him on... It was really neat to see...

He didn't want to take a break to allow me to properly inflate his tires... and he couldn't understand why I put on my bicycle helmet just to ride from the pole barn to the garage 60 feet away... I told him I always wear my helmet when riding my bicycle, just like I always wear my seat belt when driving my Civic, even if I'm just backing it out of the garage into the driveway.

Some of you have gone through the process of watching a child or grandchild successfully ride a bike for the first time... it really is neat... for those of you who haven't, you'll get to enjoy that sooner than you think... enjoy these moments that life brings you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Lovely post! Congrats to your grandson for being so determined and learning something new

Also agree with wearing a helmet on any bike..so important as the slightest bang on the head could have such life changing effects.

Comment

Great news Chris

I've got Jackson a balance bike and he's just about getting on to walking whilst sitting on it - he just needs to be another 1/2 inch taller so his feet reach the floor properly

With all the rain we're getting over here at the moment, it's not that much of an issue waiting...!!!

Comment

Corey want to learn to ride his bike but really struggling with the weather, have promised his a new bike when he does finally grasp the art!

Comment

That's very cool, cac. We're supposed to be getting Elliott a bike this week. I don't know how it'll go, teaching him how to ride it, as he is kind of a little scaredy-cat right now. Hopefully he can pick it up, and with it some confidence in learning some new things. He's been stuck in a car and Angry Bird rut right now.

Comment

Working...
          X