Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on .......... kachigga

Next up is a newer collector, kachigga

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    South London

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    I started just as the cars 2 diecasts came out.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    I had bought a few for my nephews as presents and they wanted cars 1 characters, i was impressed with the detail of the diecasts and also the fact that you could get very obscure characters that are only on screen in the background for one second. we have around 200.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    out of the ones i have, Gold ransburg McQueen.

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Can you tell from my name? I like chick hicks (King bashing aside) for his comedic arrogance. micheal keaton does a good job voicing him too.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    In TRU i found a bling bling mcqueen, hummer sven and barney stormin that had been randomly put on the shelf.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    Fiat Punto in McQueen red

10. What is your dream car?
    Because of the king i would say a Plymouth superbird, or a mini ala Italian Job.

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I do research for movies and commercials. I want to move into making music videos.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I play bass in a band (newly formed) Read comics (just up to date with the walking dead) and try to keep fit by cycling and running

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    I ran the london marathon last year and raised over 2 grand for the hospital that helped my nephew

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV show has got to be the simpsons. I don't think there is any other program i still watch that i started watching when i was 4. I watch so many movies because of my job so its hard to say but i guess it has to be Pulp fiction, i saw it when i was quite young and it has influenced my style quite alot. The recent movie Drive comes in at a close second though, best car film ever made.

15. If you won "Who want's to be a millionnaire", what would you do with the money?
    Keep enough of it in a bank so my family can be comfortable and the i guess i would travel the world for a few years. And i would obviously go to cars land in california.

Pleaase post comments / questions below
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM. Reason: Remove Age Question

Nice to get to know more about you - I actually have a few comments...

Only started from Cars 2 - I bet you're hoping that Met's predictions are correct in that Cars 1 cars will return. Great finds with Barney and Sven too.

I think your the first person I know to list Chick as their favourite, but I do agree he's a great character.

London Marathon - great. What time did you manage? I need to remember to enter the ballot on Monday

Good choice on the Simpsons - it shows how good the sow is given how long it's been running. I'm not convinced with your 2nd movie choice Drive - the plot line had so much potential to me but never really got going. I was disappointed with it. For me on the back of the DVD they should just have written "guy drives around a bit and acts moody not saying much"

Comment

Welcome, kachigga... nice to learn more about you.

For starting collecting when Cars2 came out, you've done well to acquire as many Cars as you have.

I do like the Chick Hicks character from the first movie - I would have liked to have seen a follow-up from the first movie to see how he might have evolved after winning the Piston Cup and feeling the confetti and not the love...

Congratulations on your participation in the London Marathon and raising the money you raised for the hospital... I fully believe in supporting charities myself and am on the board of Nathan's Playroom (formerly Cars Cares)... my running days are behind me but I like to ride my bicycle (I have that Queen song going through my head right now after saying that)... And it sounds like we have a bass player if we form a Cars band - I play a little guitar, keyboards, and vocals myself.

Being paid to do movie and commercial research sounds very interesting.

Thanks again for participating in Spotlight on... we look forward to more posts from you in the future.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks guys.

I ran the marathon in around 5 hours, at the half way point i was at just under 2 but at canary wharf i pulled a muscle and had to walk quite a bit. Drive is a movie that has split people opinions. I guess i got so into it because i believe that hollywood films can be arty and still make money. I believe it is a very romantic film, the nameless main character has a good life set out for himself on the verge of becoming a Nas car driver. He does not know his neighbor very well and he dosent need to care but he give up everything to make sure she and her kid are safe. Plus i think his jacket is really cool.

Also i'm going to florida in early june for my sisters wedding. any idea of whats going to be going on in the states around then with releases or k mart stuff?

Comment

I ran track for several years and have dealt with pulled muscles... no fun at all... that you were able to continue after the muscle pull is amazing.

I may need to check out the movie... I've not seen a movie since Cars2 (at home or in a theater).

Depending on how early in June you'll be in Florida... the next Kmart event is scheduled for June 16... the US reset is supposed to take place on or after May 12, so hopefully you'll find new Cars merchandise - I look for new pegwarmers to be on the pegs and shelves soon after the new releases finally hit the stores... If you're going to be in or near Orlando, Disney World has some pretty new and neat merchandise - a friend who recently went got me the exclusive Pirate Mater single, the Goofy Mater/Mickey McQueen 2 pack, the Jeff Gorvette and Carla Veloso launchers and a Chase Radiator Springs Ramone... I'll share more details about what I've found in various stores once I find out.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

kachigga, kachigga, 2k raised is mighty impressive, you should come over and do the dublin marathon at the end of oct and bring mr b with you, guaranteed entry as well, done it a few times as I could never get into the london one, so gave up and did dublin each year, and i,m glad I did as its beezer, big international field , loads of canadians and yanks too, whooping it up, high fiving, and being loud, you know what there like when there away from home (sorry chris, but true)

my mum used to have a fiat punto, great wee car it was too, strangely enough it was registered to some geezer in scilly!

chris. if you are reading this check out my white bicycle by that great scottish bad, nazareth

all the best wif yer collecting

Comment

Nice to know more about you kachigga! We've got a lot of musical folks in the Cars world - we should do a Cars Aid one of these days. Play a song, raise money, use the money to buy everything on the pegs and move it out.

Comment

Nice to know a little more mate and I have to say, I admire you on completing the marathon, I don't think I could ever do that myself but hey, never say never but I'm struggling to shed a few pounds at moment lol!

Out of interest, what bike do you ride? Road or MTB etc etc?

Oh and I could play in the band too, I'm pretty good with the Triangle!

Comment

Originally posted by dumbleweed View Post
                  Oh and I could play in the band too, I'm pretty good with the Triangle!
                  Sweet, we've been having trouble finding a good trianglist!

Comment

Cheers on the fundraising!
                    Great work.

Comment

Working...
                    X