X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London 2012 Olympics

Is anyone looking forward to this?

Does anyone have tickets?

I'm personally REALLY looking forward to it (if I ignore the total cost of the thing). I love the olympics - it's great to watch on the TV and really motivates me and makes me proud when people do well.

I applied for 3 sets of tickets. As I used to swim when I was younger I wanted to go and see that and my wife used to go gymnastics so we found two adjacent days with these events on and applied for thos e events. As they were both morning events we decided to see what other events we coudl apply to watch on the afternoon of the first day. Waterpolo was an event on that date (which I used to play at University) so we also applied for that (not that my wife was interested in it).

When we got to hear about which tickets we'd been allocated, we only got one event - bet you can get which one - yes the extra!!! Waterpolo. Although slightly disappointed with the result we were happy that were going to see something we were even happier when we heard that the vast majority of friends and colleagues had not got anything. I'll probably spend most of the day explaining to my wiffe what's happening - she asked me if there was a net in the middle that they hit the ball over...!!!

So, in short, I'm going to see one event and am really looking forward to it - hopefully Team GB will get a few medals...

In a word no, as they couldnt give me any tickets, i,ve lost interest in this, i,m sick of all the product placement and the only way it seems to get to see an event is to win one in some competition

I boycotted the Chinese olympics on principle over their stance on Tibet, so I can take or leave this, do I want to see Murray a tennis gold or Beckham win a footie one, no I dont

As an ironman triathlete I do take my sport seriously, however in this case im probably in a minority of 1 here, but hey -ho

ps my mate is going over to the hockey, which he doesnt know the first thing about, plus hes going to see the mens road race, my guess is he wont even see cav or wiggo as therell be going uber quick on the straights

Comment

No not lookng forward to this either im afraid,,,

in a time when people are being made redundant daily, and with the cost of living rising substantially, and the uk,s total debt etc, i think the money could of been better spent

there also seems to be a fair bit of politics in choosing the team this time, i always thought the best athlete should get picked, but hey what do i know!! ha

Comment

Working...
      X