Rugby Union Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby Union Discussion

well i,ll start then, ulster are playing edinburgh in the semi final of the heineken cup on saturday, this is a biggie, when we win this, the final is at twickers in may against either leinster (toughie) or clermont (roughie)

to those not in GB i,m talking rugby

stand up for the ulstermen

as there is only diddley squat out there on the cars front, I treated myself to a Massa Ferrari F150 1.43, very nice it is too, cos as you know.....

Comment

Good luck to your ulstermen, boogity... and looking forward to seeing photos of your new Ferrari.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

pheeew, that was a bit close for comfort

yuffie et al, prepare for the invasion of london on may19th, there will be tons of norn iron boys and gals over at twickers singing "stand up for the ulstermen", think youll hear them even down dorset way, simon!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
          pheeew, that was a bit close for comfort

yuffie et al, prepare for the invasion of london on may19th, there will be tons of norn iron boys and gals over at twickers singing "stand up for the ulstermen", think youll hear them even down dorset way, simon!
          spotted the result last night, well done the ulstermen, a tough game ahead though!

Comment

will be a toughie, funny though when supporting ireland bod is god, but not when he,s in leinster colours

if we play to our best and leinster are complacent we will win

Comment

Congratulations on your team's win last night, boogity...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Moved discussion to it's own thread

Please feel free to create new discussions / threads as required...

Comment

i hear theres alot of accusations of cheating at this game,

Comment

are any of you heading to twickers for ulster/sarries?
                    i,m not gonna have any nails left by the wekend!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                      are any of you heading to twickers for ulster/sarries?
                      i,m not gonna have any nails left by the wekend!
                      As a Harlequins fan, I'll be hoping that Ulster beat Quins' bitter rivals Saracens next Saturday!

Sadly, I can't attend Quins' (Heineken) European Cup semi-final v. Munster the following day!

I've a got a Northern football (soccer for those in the US) double-header. Saturday it's Morecambe v. Rotherham United and then it's Liverpool v. West Ham United on the Sunday. Hopefully, West Ham United will win at Anfield for the first time in over 50 years!?

Morecambe should be my 1,148th football ground.

P.S. Boogity, you should explain that we were talking about *proper* rugby, Rugby Union and not the *simplified* version, Rugby League, as played mostly in Northern England.

(Puts tin hat on)!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Nigel - I can confirm that it's "rah-rah" that we're discussing here!!!

We only played Union at school but at that point I preferred to watch League (but living in West Yorkshire that's hardly surprising). Over the years I've definately started to lean more towards Union...

I got a chance for the tickets through work for the weekend but unfortunately had other plans so couldn't put my name in the hat for them.

No Welsh people allowed in this discussion until next year...maybe...!!!

Comment

mr b, thank goodness wales stuffed you the other week , otherwise we would never have heard the end of it
                          no doubt our welsh and scottish friends will concur with this statement!

Comment

Eh up Lads! The Welsh have won 3 Grand Slams and more 6 Nations titles than England have had hot dinners since Woodward managed the GS Miracle 13 years ago yet we take it in our stride with grace and humility. If you lot had beaten us in the Millennium we would have had "Sweet Chariot" renditions for 6 months, told by the media how England were the best team in the world and would win the next world cup on the back of the win and calls for every member of the England 6 nations squad to be on the plane for the Lions tour.

Thankfully, aside from Wales putting a stick in that Chariot's wheel, we had the forethought to allow our Head Coach to become the Lions coach, negating that particular issue

Roll on the Summer and the Lions Tour. At least once every 4 years we can enjoy pulling for the same team eh? LOL

Comment

couldnt have put it better myself, the only thing you did forget to say is that they all would had knighthoods on the back of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X