missing a friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing a friend

last night our family lost a very close member,our dog of 10 sali(sally in welsh).it was so unexpected i still can't believe she's gone,showing no ill effects and certainly not old age,she passed away in an instant.i had the ever so difficult task of burying her today in the garden.
    here's a few photos of her.

may she rest in peace we're lost without you already.
    love you always
    jason,emma,rhys and aled

God, I'm so sorry. She looks like such an amazingly sweet creature. There's nothing I can say that'll make you feel better, but as someone who experienced something similar last year I can promise you that it gets better. I know the hole that they leave is immense.

Comment

That's a rough one. We lost 3 dogs in 3 (or so) years. Haven't had a dog since...
      My condolences to you & your family.

Comment

Im so sorry to read this. Only people who have had a dog really understand the hole that they leave behind in the family.

Our dog is 14 and full of lumps but we have deceided not to have him messed with as hes been through enough ops in his time. Sadly hes goin blind in one eye and struggles to walk round his favourite park now, vet said hes not suffering or in pain and that its to be expected with a older dog. Dreading the day anything happens to him we rescued him when he was only 9 weeks old so hes a huge part of the family.

It does get a little easier with time but your never forget them x

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss... As far as I'm concerned, puppies are people too... they're part of the family...

Looking at the bottom photo - she's protecting the Cars... just like she protected you and your family.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Sad news. You've lost a loving family member and best friend.
            Remember the happy times. I'm sure she's running about in fields somewhere chasing rabbits.
            I hope this helps. I've been there too.

Treasured Friend

I lost a treasured friend today

The little dog who used to lay

Her gentle head upon my knee

And shared her silent thoughts with me.

She’ll come no longer to my call

Retrieve no more her favourite ball

A voice far greater than my own

Has called her to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears

I thank him for the happy years

He let her spend down here with me

And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go

And join her there, this much I know

I shall not fear the transient dark

For she will greet me with a bark.

Comment

thank's for all the kind words.
              throughout the day our 2 cats have perched themselves close to where we buried her as if they too know what's happened.
              and yes time is the greatest of healer's.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jason, that is very sad. My condolences for you and your family.

RIP Sali

Comment

The poem pirelliboy posted brings tears to my eyes... I'm thinking how Jason's family misses Sali, and believe it or not I still miss my dog Roly who died on 9/11/2003 at the age of 14 and other dogs I've had (Cinder, Bobo, Precious, Sugar) and cats (too many to name but Fluffy, Garfield, Tiger, Midnight, Speckles, Whiskers, Two-Face, and Two-Face 2 come to mind).

And Jason - you are right - other pets know when something has happened to one who's part of the family... and time will heal... but your Sali (and my pets) are never forgotten.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

thinking of you mate, burying her in the garden, been there ,done that, its not easy

Comment

I've ne4ver had a dog so can only imagine how you feel

Condolences to you and your family

Comment

It is hard to lose a friend. I have dog his name is Lucky and he past away in 2008. It is hard to lose a friend and family member.

Comment

Working...
                        X