Spotlight on ...JMDL Toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight on ...JMDL Toys

Up next on Spotlight On... PixarCarsDiecast.com supporters Earl and Steffanie from JMDL Toys...

Welcome to PCD, JMDL Toys...

1. How old are you?
    JMDL Toys- 3 Years old

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Steffanie- Madera CA
    Earl- ALL over
    Live in Fresno CA now
    JMDL Toys is a part of the Fresno/Clovis community in the Central Valley of California

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    3 1/2- 4 years ago

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Our two youngest boys loved cars and we need some potty training prizes

5. How many cars (roughly) do have currently have?
    Between the kids and the store... too many to count.

6. Which diecast Car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Frank (the combine)

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    McQueen- he is the star.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    22 Franks on 2 Pallets at a TRU 45 miles from our home

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    4-- but the family car is an Infiniti QX-56

10. What is your dream car?
    Earl- Don't have one- but how cool would it be to have a full size replica Mater
    Steffanie- Any Corvette

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Steffanie- Runs the daily operations of JMDL Toys
    Earl- Manages a Allstate Financial Service Unit- that is fancy talk for sells Life, Health, Retirement insurance for Allstate

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Steffanie- Reading
    Earl- Running

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    a happy family with 4 wonderful children-- ongoing of course

Ask us next year and hopefully we will add 1MM in sales for JMDL Toys to our answer

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    TV Shows are tough-- seems like there is nothing good on these days
    Movie- Cars 1 of course... it amazes us how many times we can watch it and still not get bored.

15. If you won "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    1. Pay off debt/ debt reduction
    2. 1/2 to our business capital and kids saving, 1/2 charitable giving
    nothing fancy

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It's great to learn more about you, Earl and Steffanie... I appreciate your contributions to the site.

The Cars for potty training prizes has been mentioned by others - that must really work... I appreciate your honest answer as to the number of Cars... Frank is definitely a great diecast... a full size Mater would be cool - did you happen to see the one during the pre-movie tour? If not, Cars Land isn't that far away from Fresno.

And family is definitely a great accomplishment.

I never get bored watching Cars... I have fallen asleep watching Cars2...

And to our PCD members - I'm just filling in for this installment of Spotlight On while MrBrownstone is on holiday...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Its great to learn more about you. Its also great to have someone like yourself offering new releases to us all, as everyone is struggling to find anything in stores at the moment.

I believe we have you to thank for the set of take flight cars we won in the recent contests. They are going to my nephews collection and so on behalf of him a huge thanks for being so kind to donate

Hope to make some purchases from you in the near future

Comment

Good to know more about the folks at JMDL!

Comment

Great to know a bit more about you !

Keep up the good work !

-Peter

(Btw ... Infiniti QX-56 = SWEET !)

Comment

Great to learn more about you.
            Now that's what I call the 'Greatest find' yet!
            Thanks for all your dedication to our world of cars.

Comment

Glad to know more about the company and the owners. Looking forward to our first transaction.

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

We should take a potty training rewards poll...

Same way we got started.

Comment

Cars was the reason BobbyJack was potty trained when he was 2. Getting ready to try it with his little sister.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                    Cars was the reason BobbyJack was potty trained when he was 2. Getting ready to try it with his little sister.

It worked like a charm for both of our boys... was it easy for BobbyJack? I am sure it will work for his sister. Thank goodness there is alot of cars merchandise to keep them motivated

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                      We should take a potty training rewards poll...

Same way we got started.
                      It is soo funny... we didn't even know there was so many parents that used Cars to potty train their kids. I think I smell a marketing scheme here... lol

Buy cars or your children will never learn to go potty!

Comment

Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                        Its great to learn more about you. Its also great to have someone like yourself offering new releases to us all, as everyone is struggling to find anything in stores at the moment.

I believe we have you to thank for the set of take flight cars we won in the recent contests. They are going to my nephews collection and so on behalf of him a huge thanks for being so kind to donate

Hope to make some purchases from you in the near future
                        We are happy to help PCD members anyway we can. Hopefully PCD will have another contest soon so we can send more goodies

Comment

Great to know more about you both...

I'll be using the cars as potty training rewards soon - they're good behaviour rewards at the minute

Earl - what type of running are you "in to"?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                            Great to know more about you both...

I'll be using the cars as potty training rewards soon - they're good behaviour rewards at the minute

Earl - what type of running are you "in to"?
                            I used to run competetively some years back for cross country(2 mile-5k), track(800, mile, 2 mile), and road racing(2 mile-10k). Now I have been back training for about 2-3 months, just 3-4 days a week at what I like to call snail pace. I haven't raced in about 6 years and will be running my first race this coming Wednesday. Of course I am older and about 35-40 pounds heavier than when I was last training so now I am hoping to run sub 20 minutes (even 19.59 would be fine for me right now ) for 5k, which is close to 4 minutes slower than I was in top form.
                            So type of running?- I would say fitness running now with the hopes to get back to road racing once a month by year's end.

Are you a runner?

Comment

Originally posted by steffanie175 View Post
                              I used to run competetively some years back for cross country(2 mile-5k), track(800, mile, 2 mile), and road racing(2 mile-10k). Now I have been back training for about 2-3 months, just 3-4 days a week at what I like to call snail pace. I haven't raced in about 6 years and will be running my first race this coming Wednesday. Of course I am older and about 35-40 pounds heavier than when I was last training so now I am hoping to run sub 20 minutes (even 19.59 would be fine for me right now ) for 5k, which is close to 4 minutes slower than I was in top form.
                              So type of running?- I would say fitness running now with the hopes to get back to road racing once a month by year's end.

Are you a runner?
                              Not trained much..... snail pace training.... then hoping for a sub 20 min 5k!!!!! Wow!!!

Yes I do run, probably more so to train and keep fit. I do the occasional 5k, 10k, Half Marathon race but not too competitvely. I've only done a few of each officially timed with my pb's being 21.07 (although I chatted the whole way around), 42.28 and 1:41.47 respectively. My goals are a sub 20 min 5k (19.59 is fine), 42.27 10k and sub 1:40.00 Half Marathon. When I was at school (17 years ago) I was a sprinter with a best of 11.56 for the 100m

So, you were a 16 minute 5k runner at your peak - that's very fast. I only know a few people who could do that. I did a local 5k race a few months ago that Jonny Brownlee turned up at - he ran a 14:40 - it was amazing seeing him disappear off into the distance from the word go. And runnign isn't his best event in the triathlon. Hopefully him and his brother Alistair can bag us some medals in the olympics.

I do train 4-5 times per week covering between 20 and 30 miles and a football (soccer) game too (just a kick about with friends). I've just changed my training recently to try and improve. One speed session (fartleks / intervals) and one long session (8-10 miles) each week then the other 2-3 runs can be whatever (circa 5 miles at 7:30 m/m pace)...

Comment

Working...
                              X