BEWARE - Car Castle NEGATIVE Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE - Car Castle NEGATIVE Feedback

It disappoints me to post this, but I think I've waited long enough. I took a chance with this new member on the board - Car Castle aka Shawn, who is based out of Palm Bay, Florida.

We agreed to a trade in early April and swapped addresses for shipping - even agreed to hold off on shipping until the following Wednesday when he said he would be able to ship. I shipped my box and it has been delivered - and 3 weeks later, I have not received a box back nor a single response to several messages. The last message I have received from Shawn was on Sunday 4/13, making it nearly 3 weeks since a last communication. To give the benefit of the doubt, I waited this long to hopefully hear something in case maybe he was traveling or had an emergency, but I have noticed that his account has had login activity since 4/13, so he has been here and has still not responded.

I have made several trades with many members here through some of the shared boards like CTT and T5, and this was the first problem I ever encountered. Wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this, so they can proceed with caution here. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

any news on this

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/shawn.castle.10?fref=pb_other

There is his FB account, I haven't seen him on the FB group at all, but I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

I think the kicker is the account activity. Things happen sometimes but at least explain what happened. I'm really sorry to hear this.

Comment

Hopefully he's okay.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Unfortunately, no update on this from my end. I stopped sending him anymore private messages as it appears to be a waste of my time.
            Sadly, I lost 2 cars in this "trade" that are somewhat hard to find - not much more I can do. If anyone hears anything, I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks!

Comment

I've never done this myself, but I've often said that both parties should make PayPal payments to each other to at least have the ability to dispute the transaction should something like this happen.

Comment

Update 5/30/14 - I returned from 2 weeks of travel and found a package from Shawn aka Car Castle at my house. He sent over the car that he had agreed to trade to me along with another that I assume he included for the long wait. I'm glad that he kept up his end eventually and see that he has posted positive feedback for me on the board. Thanks for completing the trade. I would have preferred a few messages to keep me updated about the error, but I am glad that all was not completely lost.

Comment

Communication is key in sales & trades!
                  One PM goes a long way. Glad to hear it was resolved.
                  Last edited by GotFrank; 05-30-2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X