Respect the Classics: Scavenger Hunt Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Scavenger Hunt Cars

May 1, 2017... Cars 3 toys went on sale in the US... it's hard to believe it's been one year... except for the fact that many stores are still sitting on Cars inventory from May 1, 2017... It seems to me that it's even worse than the launch of Cars 2 toys and that was bad... we are almost halfway through the 2018 Mattel year which started on November 1, 2017... and we still don't know what Cars are going to be released in 2018... no sign of a poster... Amazon has had almost no new 2018 Cars products and a lot of what they've had has been at 2 to 3 time retail price - through Amazon, not 3rd party sellers... I'm grateful that I've been able to buy Cars from Get Me Collectibles and have friends that have been able to help me out.

I've always loved the metallic finish Cars... I think they look great... The 2018 Scavenger Hunt series consists of metallic finish Cars... these are not Chase Cars and not Super Chase Cars, but with the name Scavenger Hunt I think Hot Wheels collectors think that they are... there have been lots of Scavenger Hunt Cars on eBay at high values... distribution is still spotty - I've seen none of these first 4 in stores.

In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at the first 4 Scavenger Hunt Cars of 2018.

Lightning McQueen

I'm not surprised that McQueen has been released... after all, McQueen was one of the 2 biggest stars of Cars 3... And I think McQueen looks great... it's just very few stores have gotten this case...

Bobby Swift

Bobby Swift is perhaps my favorite Scavenger Hunt Car... I love the purple... Bobby with Metallic Finish looks so much better than the regular release of Bobby... maybe I'm a little prejudiced because the non-metallic purple Car is a huge pegwarmer.

Cruz Ramirez

I really liked the Cars 3 Cruz Ramirez character... I like the Scavenger Hunt Cruz Ramirez Car... but I think they should have gone with gold metallic mirrors - the yellow looks cheap and tacky... and Cruz is anything but cheap and tacky.

Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti is one of my all time favorite racers - I remember watching Mario drive at the Indianapolis 500... I enjoyed Mario in the earlier Cars movies - who can forget his scene when Fred says "Mario Andretti knows my name!" ... I love the metallic teal color...

One of our members from Texas found Scavenger Hunt Mario at an HEB grocery earlier today (April 22, 2018)... who knows when it will show up closer to home.

I wish I had more information to share with you about the Scavenger Hunt series Cars for 2018... but I don't know... Mattel has not released much information... and with the closing of Toys R US stores in the UK and now the US, we're losing places to go Cars shopping...

Thanks for reading... as always I appreciate your comments.

Chris

First 4 Scavenger Hunt Cars Scavenger Hunt McQueen Metallic Bobby

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Courtesy of Scavenger, here are pictures showing opened Scavenger Hunt Lightning McQueen, Bobby Swift, and Cruz Ramirez:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Testing a reply using a regular user account...

Comment

Metallic Mario is stunning! A variant I'm happy to have.

Comment

Working...
        X