Respect the Classics: Next-Gen Racers 4-Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: Next-Gen Racers 4-Pack

Perhaps the best 4 Car boxed set ever... The Target exclusive "Next-Gen" Racers 4-Pack... 4 Cars, 4 First look Cars... Next Generation racers:
    J.D. McPillar - Tow Cap
    Flip Dover - Intersection
    Barry DePedal - RPM
    Steve "Slick" LaPage (Trunk Fresh)

I've seen this one time in 1 store... months ago (back in 2017)... I thought for sure I'd find more and be able to help others... but it seems as if it turns up in California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida more than anywhere else, and very rarely in the midwest... I've looked for it in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina... and I've only seen it that 1 time in 1 store.

This is definitely one that I want to open as well as keep boxed... I traded 2 Deluxe and 2 single Cars for a second one a couple of weeks ago... and I'll be opening one shortly... I just have to clear a spot in a display case... I also need to obtain at least one more display case or two - I'd like one for Cars 3 Piston Cup racers and one for Cars 3 Next Generation racers.

Tow Cap was Jack DePost in the Cars 3 Piston Cup racer series - it was released as a single and has also been in an 11 pack.
    Intersection and Trunk Fresh have also been released in the Cars 3 Piston Cup racer series in the Motor Speedway of the South 11 pack.
    RPM was only released in a 10 pack that was released on Amazon and possibly also on shop.mattel.com on a limited basis - I don't have that RPM (known as Bruce Miller) - I said I wasn't going to pay $40 plus tax for 1 new Car and I didn't.

I'll eventually post side by side photos showing the Cars 3 Piston Cup and Next Gen racers... but it will be awhile.

Until then, here are J.D. McPillar and Flip Dover:

Here are Barry DePedal and Steve Slick LaPage:

Here is the UPC:

This has shared the Target DPCI number with the Fireball Beach and Race to Win 4 packs: 087-07-4057

The case consists of 4 4 packs: 1 Next Gen Racers, 2 Race to Win, and 1 Fireball Beach... even though we don't need any more Fireball Beach 4 packs.

Since boxed sets typically contain 1 or sometimes 2 First look (previously called exclusive) Cars, having 4 new Cars in a 4 pack is incredible.

I still hope that I can help friends who have helped me in the past, but this 4 pack hasn't been cheap... in fact, it's just now coming down to the $45 to $60 price range shipped in the US on eBay... it's been as high as $150 to $250 shipped on eBay - and that's completed sales, not asking price.

Do you have this 4 pack? If so, congratulations... and if not, would you like to add it to your collection?

We also hear that the DPCI for the 4 packs has been discontinued... I think we are going to see new DPCI numbers for all Cars items at Target... packaging has gone from Cars 3 to Cars so I expect we're going to see new DPCI numbers sometime soon... and Target has had 4 packs going all the way back to the Supercharged Series with McQueen, Chick, The King, and Revolting.

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments.

Chris
    Attached Files

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Agreed I can think of a multi-pack where all the Cars were new to me. Love this one!

Comment

Working...
    X