RtC: Target Next Generation 4 Pack: Part 2 Opened photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RtC: Target Next Generation 4 Pack: Part 2 Opened photos

Update: I opened the 4 pack on Saturday morning, May 4, 2019... here are some photos.

Perhaps the best 4 Car boxed set ever... The Target exclusive "Next-Gen" Racers 4-Pack... 4 Cars, 4 First look Cars... Next Generation racers:
    J.D. McPillar - Tow Cap
    Flip Dover - Intersection
    Barry DePedal - RPM
    Steve "Slick" LaPage (Trunk Fresh)

I've seen this one time in 1 store... months ago (back in 2017)... I thought for sure I'd find more and be able to help others... but it seems as if it turns up in California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida more than anywhere else, and very rarely in the midwest... I've looked for it in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina... and I've only seen it that 1 time in 1 store.... still true to this day... in fact Target dropped their 4 packs... it's not that 4 packs were not selling... it was 4 packs with only 1 new Car that didn't sell and not in quantities by 5000 or so - there were not and are not that many collectors willing to pay $20 plus tax for one new Car and 3 repeats.

This is definitely one that I want to open as well as keep boxed... I traded 2 Deluxe and 2 single Cars for a second one a couple of weeks ago... and I'll be opening one shortly... I just have to clear a spot in a display case... I also need to obtain at least one more display case or two - I'd like one for Cars 3 Piston Cup racers and one for Cars 3 Next Generation racers.

Here are a few opened photos of all 4:

A variant of J. D. McPillar was in a Target 11 pack with Lightning Bolt Mater... Barry DePedal is in 2019 singles case M which is just now being released... Flip Dover and Steve "Slick" LaPage are not currently scheduled for re-release at this time but I fully expect them to come out in the next couple of years.

Photos of the individual Cars coming as replies.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Here are photos of J.D. McPillar (Tow Cap) from the Target Next Gen 4 pack:

No rear window bars in this Tow Cap... there are in the version from the 11 pack with Lightning Bolt McQueen.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Here are photos of Barry DePedal (RPM) from the 4 pack:

No rear window bars - I believe the single has them.

Comment

Here are photo of Flip Dover:

Comment

Here are photos of Steve "Slick" LaPage:

Comment

Thank you Arch Stanton from the PCD Facebook Group for the following photos showing comparison between the new Thailand RPM and the version from the Target 4 pack:

The Thailand version has the rear window bars... the orange is a different version... the lighter purple appears to be a different shade as well.

Comment

Working...
            X