No announcement yet.

Respect the Classics: Cars2 Launchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a neat post to read and very tempting as they look great and all...but I'm a very passive collector so probably won't be a buy.

Anyway...I have a quick question as I haven't seen these in my local stores...or maybe I just walked by them and never bothered to look at them as I'm not in the market for them lol.

This has probably been asked before, but my search skills kinda suck and this is what I stumbled upon. Basic question, from a newbie to the Cars diecast collectibles. The cars that come with these, are they the same 1:55 that come in the singles pack? As in, if I can find a lewis hamilton and a max schnell on clearance (hypothetical) are they the same cars that would come in the singles as #21 Max Schnell and #24 Lewis Hamilton?

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

To answer your question, DeceptiCog72283...

The Car in the launcher may or may not be the same Car as the single.. it depends on the Car... For example, originally the Lewis Hamilton Car in the launcher was released without a gap in the tooth... the single was corrected to display the gap in the tooth... the latest Lewis Hamilton single Car from case H is the new one piece (unicast) body - original versions of Lewis Hamilton were 2 piece - plastic mouth piece... all the racers were originally released as 2 piece bodies and are now being released as one piece bodies.

You can read more about one piece versus 2 piece Car bodies at:
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...two-piece-Cars

I'll be adding to that to show photos of more of the Cars2 racers... we use the term variant to describe a Car that's been released with slight differences.

I prefer the looks of the one piece Car... I will open one each of the one piece racers for my display cases... the 2 piece racers will go with the loose ones that my grandchildren play with.

But in general, the Car is basically the same...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thats good enough for me

If push comes to shove, I would buy a launcher to add to my collection lol.

Thanks Cac

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
        X