No announcement yet.

Respect the Classics: Bessie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right cac, the clean Bessie was $599 earlier. I don't think it will sell at $499 either though, but it might sell at $399 and would probably sell at $299.

Comment

what would be a good REASONABLE price to pay for a bessie loose and carded?

Comment

At the time Bessie came out it was like one of those "YES !!!" cars moments.
        Same as with Frank ...

Those two characters are a real "must have" for every cars collector !

Just a shame that Mattel didn't release them that much so more children get the chance to play with them.
        Prices are just way too crazy !

After all it's just a toy right ?

greets

PMcQ

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McQueen View Post
          At the time Bessie came out it was like one of those "YES !!!" cars moments.
          Same as with Frank ...

Those two characters are a real "must have" for every cars collector !
          I agree with those two, and a third for me when I first saw the movie in theaters was Race Damaged Mood Springs. I still can't believe they never released him & Tow as a 2-pack.

Comment

I was EXTREMELY lucky to find one Bessie with a collector who decided to sell her collection. She's in a mint condition and I paid her 5€ for her!!!!!!

Last edited by King Andy; 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

IMHO Bessie is one of those must have items in every cars collection! Thanks for the article on her Cac1959, we weren't collecting when she was released so its interesting to read more information on its release!

Comment

I would love a Bessie but i think she is out of my league

Comment

Originally posted by OzzieMum View Post
                  IMHO Bessie is one of those must have items in every cars collection! Thanks for the article on her Cac1959, we weren't collecting when she was released so its interesting to read more information on its release!
                  i was collecting when bessie came out and i never saw one in a store
                  i had to get mine off ebay

Comment

Mattel will re release her. Just give it time...hopefully.

Is Bessie mostly plastic? How much of it is metal??

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

When I first started collecting but well before I knew about Car forums, I found her at a toyshop in a mall. Thought it was cool and that my son would like it. It was on clearance for $9.99 (down from $11.99) which I thought was high for a Deluxe but got it anyway. I regret not picking up the other one that was there. After all, who would need 2 Bessies?

Comment

Working...
                      X