Respect the Classics: The Making of Cars 3 Lightning McQueen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Classics: The Making of Cars 3 Lightning McQueen

Yesterday I received the 2017 SDCC The Making of Cars 3 Lightning McQueen set that I ordered from Paulmart Store... here are pictures:

It's a pretty nice outside box.

Here's the UPC:

Here's another side of the outer box:

Here's the inside box - it looks sharp:

Here's the inside box opened:

Without the protective plastic blister:

It starts as a raw diecast (on the left).
    Next, it becomes a painted diecast (center).
    The end result is the Rust-Eze Lightning McQueen with metallic finish... I love the metallic finish Cars.

This is one of the best SDCC Cars exclusives in my opinion.

It was not cheap, at $59.99 shipped, but when you consider the $30 retail price, the cost for SDCC admission tickets and event parking, the standing in line and more, I don't mind paying a little bit for the efforts to obtain the merchandise... I do hope to get a second one in the future... I don't know if it will appear on Amazon or the Mattel store like previous SDCC items, but we can hope.

If interested, it is on eBay and Paulmart Store does have a few more available:
    https://paulmartstore.com/collection...mcqueen-3-pack

I'll try to add close-up photos of the individual Cars in the future.

Do you have the 2017 SDCC Making of Cars 3 Lightning McQueen? If not, do you see yourself ordering it?

Let us know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

that is indeed neat, unfortunately i,ll not be orderi ng it

Comment

With any luck mine will be here tomorrow. I did a smidge' better @ $57.75 shipped. But I have to agree, a pretty unique SDCC offering. And the the (IMO) disappointing D23 offering. I was glad I could add one of these to my collection.

Comment

I got mine today, like Niagara Falls. It looks a little smaller in person. That being said, some of the best quality paint & decals I've ever seen. Well worth it IMO. Very happy to add this to my Cars 3 collection.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          I got mine today, like Niagara Falls. It looks a little smaller in person. That being said, some of the best quality paint & decals I've ever seen. Well worth it IMO. Very happy to add this to my Cars 3 collection.
          First, a pox upon PhotoBucket. For making me compute on a phone.

And there's this:

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
            X