Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PISTON CUP NASCAR SET - Multiple years in the making!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PISTON CUP NASCAR SET - Multiple years in the making!

Hi everyone! It has been a while for me. I don't collect anymore but I still have my collection (albeit covered in a few years' worth of dust). My primary involvement in the world of CARS has been through this project, which is finally complete for me to share with you.

A hobby of mine is my offline racing sim league, and over 2 years ago I began to try and recreate all of the original 35 Piston Cup racers (the 36 in MSOTS minus Dale Jr.). I believe there is an old post somewhere of the first one or two I did (which was Lil' Torquey Pistons and Sidewall Shine). I am self-taught in Paintshop and it was definitely a learning experience, these are complicated and challenging designs for sure. The last 5 that I worked on (Tank Coat, Retread, Tach-O-Mint, Faux Wheel Drive and Nitroade) took me from the beginning of the year until now to complete. Granted I have been working on these here and there along with going to college and working, but it really has been a process and I am proud to present to you the "Piston Cup Classic" car set! The schemes are applied to the drivers and teams (some real and some fake) who exist already in the offline league so most don't have the same car number, but a few do. Aside from that, I tried to keep the designs as authentic as I could, often keeping the diecasts with me as I was painting the schemes.

Hope you all enjoy! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the photo album.
    Post with 1 views. Shared by bumpersave. Piston Cup Classic Racers
    Last edited by Bumper Save; 06-23-2018, 08:12 PM.

Very nice work, Bumper Save! Thank you for sharing it with us - I can tell you put a lot of effort into your work..

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      Very nice work, Bumper Save! Thank you for sharing it with us - I can tell you put a lot of effort into your work..
      Thank you Chris! Hope you have been well.

Comment

I'm very impressed. Are these done in photoshop (or similar software) or are they actual models? Either way they are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiMcQueen View Post
          I'm very impressed. Are these done in photoshop (or similar software) or are they actual models? Either way they are amazing.
          Thank you! I use Corel Paint Shop Pro. The racing simulator has 2d templates that you design and import into the game which renders it on the cars.

Comment

Working...
          X