Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedway of the South Custom Pit Teams Part 1

Have almost completed 26 of the 36 racers pit crews
    Here is a sample of some of the race teams that populate my sons Speedway of the South diorama...

They are awesome!! I wish Mattel made these

Comment

Very nice, Conrad... Great looking customs... Mattel sure dropped the ball on these team crew sets... if they'd have made them available on a subscription basis, with 1 new team crew set each month over 3 years, they'd have sold a lot of them and the line would not have been dropped by Target.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

sweet ! very nice

Comment

Great customs Conrad

Comment

Like this a lot and now curious about diorama

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Here is a link to some photos (on the 'other' site haha)
              http://cvc1968.carsthetoys.yuku.com/...view/aid/44835

These are old so I will take more updated and post
              Have scale garages, sponsor tents, the track lights glow, and am 80% of the way through making all 36 racers crew chiefs and pittys

Comment

Ah the Texas Tea team.
                Does anybody know why this is featured in the movie(theres a shot looking back from Chicks spoiler which shows the logo for a good few seconds)but doesnt appear on the diecast or any merch.
                Do you think someone already had the copyright or is too generic a term for Disney/Mattel to be able to get a copyright on it and use themselves.
                This is something I wonder about every time I watch the film with my son(which is a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by martyboy70 View Post
                  Ah the Texas Tea team.
                  Does anybody know why this is featured in the movie(theres a shot looking back from Chicks spoiler which shows the logo for a good few seconds)but doesnt appear on the diecast or any merch.
                  Do you think someone already had the copyright or is too generic a term for Disney/Mattel to be able to get a copyright on it and use themselves.
                  This is something I wonder about every time I watch the film with my son(which is a lot)
                  My guess is they may not have been aware of this beverage (Texas Tea) when they came up with the name... although, with some of the adult humor shown with some of the other racer's slogans (i.e. Tow Cap), it's not too outlandish in my opinion.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink190.html

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I wasnt aware of that(Iknew it as a nickname for oil)
                    Its a possibility that a reference to an alcoholic drink is just a bit too adult but as you mention Tow Cap and IMHO Leakless are certainly on the adult side of things.
                    Ive just always wondered as it makes all the Chicks(at least) inaccurate.

Comment

Speedway of the South Custom Pit Teams Part 2
                      Some new custom pit crews

http://cvc1968.carsthetoys.yuku.com/album/view/aid/102962#.TfpyumCGBOw

Comment

cool stuff, cool crew chief and cool pitty!

Comment

Mattycollector.com would be a good place to offer these Crew Chief pitty sets. Release a different one every few months. Great job on these customs, Conrad. I am still looking for a set to send you but still have not even seen one since you asked me a few months back. Have gone to numerous Big Lots and nothing. Just the hauler team sets. Have you finished all 36 of those?
                          Last edited by bobbyjack; 06-24-2011, 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling error. haven't downloaded spellcheck yet.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
                          X